Is there any at home test for fluoride levels in your water, and what is the best water distillation unit?

I would like to remove fluoride from my water supply (at least in my kitchen where I use that water to cook with and to drink.) Are there any test kits available for you to test the levels of fluoride in your home water? I know there is information about fluoride levels by municipality available online, but I would like to be able to test any fluoride removal methods I use.

Also, what is the best water distillation unit or reverse osmosis unit for home usage?

Thank you!

Gary: Fluoride is poison. It is not approved by the FDA, it does not have backing by the AMA, and the EPA has released the following statement " we hold that fluoridation is an unreasonable risk." Fluoride is also the sole ingredient of most rat poisons! Fluoride has been found to be mutagenic (cancer causing,) cause bone damage, dental fluorosis, increase allergen sensitivity, it builds up within the kidneys and the brain. Fluoride has been associated lower levels of IQ and early onset of puberty due to build up in the pineal gland and effects on the release of melatonin. Fluoride also causes damage to the gastric mucosa. It is also the sole/main ingredient of most rat poisons.

I grew up using fluoride free toothpastes and I have never had a cavity, meanwhile my mother who used fluoridated toothpaste growing up deals with cavities regularly despite having always brushed and flossed her teeth 3 times a day. Fluoride is not healthy nor is it a safe compound to ingest. If you want to b

Edit: If you want to be healthy, you eat a healthy and nutritious diet, you exercise regularly, and you keep your mind stimulated. Fluoride is certainly NOT means of maintaining any form of health. There is a reason that most European countries do not fluoridate their water, nor do they consume American meat products!

EDIT: You assume that the villages were using water fluoridated by a municipality. Considering you don't even know the name of said villages, I really doubt you know anything about where their water came from. Enjoy your cancer causing water, I mean there must not be a reason why it's not FDA approved, why the AMA doesn't support it, and why the EPA considers fluoridated water an unreasonable risk.

It's cheaper to buy bottled water rather that distill it.

Look at consumer reports on water filters, they have a comprehensive review every few years. There is no other way to get an accurate review.

.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I would like to remove fluoride from my water supply (at least in my kitchen where I use that water to cook with and to drink.) Are there any test kits available for you to test the levels of fluoride in your home water? I know there is information about fluoride levels by municipality available...

Source(s): home test fluoride levels water water distillation unit: https://shortly.im/9nbof
  • hukill

Fluoride Test Kit

Stop accepting everything uncritically. For example, I am familiar with the IQ experiment. It compared two villages with different natural levels of fluoride in the water. Sure enough, the village with the lower level of fluoride had the higher average IQ. What is not usually pointed out was that the level of fluoride they drank was exactly the amount that is added to water supplies when all the municipalities vote for it. "The dose makes the poison." You can kill yourself by ingesting too much of anything, even pure water.

• Gary H

Your local water department should be able to tell you. They measure the amount of naturally occuring fluoride in the aquifer and the amount (if any) of extra fluoride they add. If you are not on a city water system, then you will have to get it tested yourself.

I am not familiar with any home test kits but, in chemical analysis, you often get what you pay for so, if you buy a cheap home test kit, you will get a cheap home test result. Your local water company (or a near-by community water department) should be able to suggest an outside lab where, for a fee, you can have samples tested. There are many more ways to get a wrong answer in chemical testing than there are ways to get an accurate answer. If you do not trust your local water department lab, you can internet search for water quality labs. You can spend as much money as you want but, if you really want to have confidence in the lab results, you need to follow very careful sampling methods, carefully select the packaging method (ask the Lab for their recomendations), and send duplicate samples to more than one lab.

If you do remove all fluoride from the water you drink, be sure you have a good dentist or be sure you use fluoride treatments on your teeth and your children's teeth. I don't know what scientific literature you have seen that makes you feel so strongly about removing fluoride but, by comparision, there is substantial scientific literature over many many years documenting the beneficial effects of fluoride on your dental health.

Hi there,

I am pro filters, it's just a hassle to choose the best one an maintaining it.

As for your home test, I don't think there is something with increased specificity that you could do on your own. Send a sample to a lab, they will do it for you. In England some labs do it for free.

Good luck with the filters!

Source(s): My brain :-) (I am a chemist.)

I doubt there are test kits since it would be a waste of money to manufacture it, since fluoride is benficial for preventing dental caries, and there is no adverse health effects.

It would be much easier, if you actually want to get cavities, to just drink bottled water.

• And as for bottled water, many of them ALSO contain fluoride "aka" hydrofluorosilicic acid - once again DO YOUR HOMEWORK before spouting BS.