Toyota Scion Driver Door Wont Open?

I was over at a friend's house last night. When I went to leave I couldn't get the driver's side front door to unlock. I have a 2005 Toyota Scion. The lock pops up about half way when I try to unlock it but gets stuck there. I entered the car through the passenger side door. From the inside I... show more I was over at a friend's house last night. When I went to leave I couldn't get the driver's side front door to unlock. I have a 2005 Toyota Scion.

The lock pops up about half way when I try to unlock it but gets stuck there. I entered the car through the passenger side door. From the inside I still couldn't get the door to open. I pull the latch to open the door but which pulls fine but does not open the door.

I tried putting the key into the lock. It turns but again the lock still gets stuck and the door doesn't open.

I tried pulling the lock up with a moderate amount of force but stopped when it wasn't working because I was afraid to cause more damage.

Any ideas what could be causing this and how I might be able to fix it (cheaply)?

Thanks for the help!
1 answer 1