Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What happens if you buy alcohol online when underage?

I live in the UK, and I would like to purchase some whisky. Just because when it's a nice sunny day I like to sit outside and relax with a glass of whisky, it really relaxes me.

Anyway, this online shop sells all sorts of stuff, including alcohol, it delivers worldwide, so what would happen if I ordered a bottle of whisky online?

Is there any way I need to prove age upon delivery?

This is the store:

http://www.britishcornershop.co.uk/shop.asp

Oh, and I am 17, 18 pretty soon which is the legal age to buy alcohol in the UK!

No, the delivery driver will just want a signature to prove its been received, and that he's done his job, he might even leave it on the doorstep or with a neighbour if your out of the house (I normally leave a note attached to the door asking if they will leave the package in my outside cupboard and they usually do)

But all they need for ID when buying it, is that the card you're buying it with says you're older than 18 years of age.

Unless you;re using one of those visa vouchers to make the purchase with, then I wouldn't know how that would work.

.

Source(s): . Here's the terms and Conditions from their website. ""9.1 Alcoholic drinks can be purchased on this website. By agreeing to these terms and conditions, you confirm that if purchasing alcohol you are of at least the minimum legal age required by your Country to purchase and consume alcohol."" So just get an online payment voucher from your local grocery shop, or go to one that does them, I think they are called (360 VOUCHERS), but they are basically VISA or MASTERCARD vouchers you buy to use online.

Order Alcohol Online

Not visiting the website you posted BUT, if they're legit, then I'd imagine they'd want some form of ID even when purchasing, for example such as a debit or credit card, and then when they deliver it, the same name on a form of acceptable ID to prove it was you, and you are of age. Unless, of course, you look older than 18. Most stores and clubs go by if you look over 25 these days as young people can look older than they actually are, so even though the legal age is 18, if you look under 25 you will get asked for ID.

• farone

Buy Alcohol Online Uk

• Jeanne

We are part of several wine clubs and have wine & Champagne delivered on a monthly basis. Every single one has stickers and stamps all over it asking for ID/signature. Sorry but I get ID'd every single month. Pretty creative idea though...wouldn't that take too long??

They take your order, then your credit card information, they tell you, that you must be of age, they call the credit card company, get verification, if you did not use card holders name, Your busted, if the liquor does get delivered, and you have no I.D. they take the liquor back, but leave the charge on the card, because you commited FRAUD, it is against the terms of a credit card, and you have no recourse. Do you think you are the first "Smart" minor to try this, they get thousands of calls from minors.

• ?

*facepalm* They don't just leave it at your front door, you have to show I.D. and sign for it.