I need tips on producing more breastmilk?

My son is 8 days old. I tried and tried to breastfeed him and just recently learned that the reason I was having such a problem was because he is a little jondice and jondice can cause a baby to be really sleepy. I could get my son to latch onto the breast but he would only suck a few times and then fall asleep... show more My son is 8 days old. I tried and tried to breastfeed him and just recently learned that the reason I was having such a problem was because he is a little jondice and jondice can cause a baby to be really sleepy. I could get my son to latch onto the breast but he would only suck a few times and then fall asleep and release his latch causing me to have to relatch him every 30 seconds to a minute.

I finally decided to start pumping and just feed him his breastmilk that way until the jondice is gone enough for him to stay awake long enough to nurse. He's getting much better and I'm going to reateempt the breastfeeding again tomorrow.

Anyway, I've been pumping every 3 hours and get about 3-4 ounces each time exept for in the mornings, I get 4-5 ounces. He is eating almost all that I make and I need some tips on how to produce more milk so that I will have some stocked up in case I'm sick one day and can't pump or he starts eating more than I can produce.

Thanks