Is graphic arts/graphic design a good major with lots of career opportunities in your county?

Hi! My friend's daughter changed her major from architecture to graphic design/arts. She was accepted into a seven year architecture program and then changed her major to graphic design which takes 4 years for the B.A. and then many go on to get a M.A. in the same thing. She is now starting her second year. She... show more Hi! My friend's daughter changed her major from architecture to graphic design/arts. She was accepted into a seven year architecture program and then changed her major to graphic design which takes 4 years for the B.A. and then many go on to get a M.A. in the same thing. She is now starting her second year. She goes to a very good USA University.

1. Is this a good major? Are there lots of jobs out there, or is she educating herself to be unemployable?

2. Where are the jobs? Are there other countries where this major has more opportunity? Japan?

My gut feeling is that it is a huge mistake. I wish I had more information. I hope I'm wrong. I'm glad it is not my daughter.