good holiday place in south of france?

Hi there, we are looking for the south of france for a holiday next summer - we want to fly to valence and stay in a town/village/area somwhere about half hour from sea? we can find accommodation,ourselves, but dont know where to start on areas etc. Not too expensive please ! Not been before, any ideas? (we are 2 adults and 2 teenagers)

Hello,

I've been to South of France twice and I would recommend you to go to La Cote d'Azur whether than the south west.

Basically, the most popular and famous cities over there are: Hyere, Marseille, Nice, Canne.

And there are pretty villages in between those cities that are really cute and have a lot of activites for your teenagers.

You can also go near Spain, and eat "Catalan" food! (Banyuls, Collioure). The famous city of Montpellier is a few kilometers away and the city is awesome, aswell as the beach!

Hope I helped :) enjoy!

Hope I helped :) enjoy!

hi, im 16, and i just came back from a two week trip from Nice with my friends!

i HIGHLY recommend it.

things can get a bit expensive, but if you're going next summer, go in the middle of july, because all stores have mandatory sales lasting three weeks!

one of the main roads is the "promenade des anglais" and it is literally along the bright blue shore.

if you walk a into town, you can take the tramway (like a subway but on street level) along a popular road. along that line there is the nicetoile, the BIG shopping mall!

feel free to email me with any other questions at sodapop8709 (@) yahoo (dot ) com :)