Should I place my Amazon order in Euro or Pounds? (Living in Ireland)?

I am buying a Laptop and the total cost is 353 pounds. When I change it to Euro form, the charge is 418 Euro.

Is this an Amazon charge or will it be around 405 after my credit card produces the receipt.

Would I save by just paying in pounds?

If you select Euro you're using the Amazon Currency Converter. This essentially means that Amazon is handling the currency exchange instead of your bank - the price you see quoted in Euro is the price that will appear on your Credit Card.

If you place the order in Sterling, then Amazon will charge the sterling amount to your card - your Credit Card Company will do the currency exchange at their rate on the day the transaction goes through. You won't know the final amount until you see your statement.

Unfortunetely this means you can't always compare one with the other but its unlikely there'll be much difference between the two. Easiest is to go for the Amazon Euro amount if you're happy with the price - that way you know what the full charge is immediately

You should check the Amazon Currency Converter details at http://amzn.to/qSpCPy

• RichB

You can use either, whichever is cheaper, but make sure you've factored in any card conversion charges as well. (For example, if your credit card account is in Pounds, then you'll pay an additional conversion charge for paying in Euros, and the reverse is true if your card account is in Euros.)

Yes you can pay Euro or Pounds

You dont have to pay more, either way, your bank won't take more because it's in euro's so its what ever you want to do, whats best for you. :) x

No, it'll be the same. Place it in euro, it's just easier that way.