My boyfriend wants to double date but I don't?

My boyfriend keep insisting on going on a double date with his friend and his girlfriend but I don't want to because I'm afraid it'll be awkward. His friends are REALLY outgoing, and I'm not (my boyfriend is okay with that. But I'm scared because they might think I'm boring, and they're... show more My boyfriend keep insisting on going on a double date with his friend and his girlfriend but I don't want to because I'm afraid it'll be awkward. His friends are REALLY outgoing, and I'm not (my boyfriend is okay with that. But I'm scared because they might think I'm boring, and they're really good friends of his.)

Also, his friend's girlfriend is known for being really outgoing, but obnoxious, loud, and slutty. I feel like it'll be weird if she's all over her boyfriend on the date, then I'd have to compete with her and be all over my boyfriend also.

BUT it seems like this double date really means a lot to my boyfriend.. He keeps assuring me that everything will be okay. I tried to avoid this by being a great girlfriend in any other ways possible, and he's happy with that, but I still feel like I'm disappointing him by not being open-minded.

So what should I do? If I do go on this double date, how should I act?