For Liberals only: Could we regain our AAA credit rating if...?

Seriously, if you are on the Political right, you probably won't find this clever or humorous. You have been warned. Political deadlock was a major piece of the S&P downgrade. Most of the deadlock arose from the TEA party movement: those who are nominally "Taxed enough already" but who really... show more Seriously, if you are on the Political right, you probably won't find this clever or humorous. You have been warned.

Political deadlock was a major piece of the S&P downgrade. Most of the deadlock arose from the TEA party movement: those who are nominally "Taxed enough already" but who really prefer little or no taxes. "It's my money" is a common refrain, but many even object to the money itself, preferring the gold standard and opposing any government action beyond protecting the borders. "Sovereign Citizens" take the movement even further, rejecting all taxes or government authority.

Suppose we created an economic 'nature preserve' where extreme libertarians could hunt wild game, barter with whatever means of exchange they like, and pay no taxes whatsoever. The government would most definitely need to secure the border. And liberals like me would be willing to pay to make sure no one sneaks across that border in either direction.

When people enter, We could exchange all of their US dollars for gold, at the market price of course, and that alone would reduce the National Debt. People who enter would give up their right to vote in exchange for relieving their obligation to pay taxes or do anything for the government ever again.

If there is a shortage of caves, these self reliant souls could build their own thatched huts, or toss a less worthy person out of their cave. Is that wrong? I'm sure the righteous among them can sort it out quickly and cheaply without the need for government intervention.

This may sound harsh, but just as in the recent Congressional debate, the goal is to find a way to accommodate the idealists of the far Right, without ruining things for the rest of us. If the Tea Partiers are playing rugged individualist in the nature preserve, they won't be deadlocking congress when it is time for politicians on both sides to stop campaigning and cut a deal.

I admit my modest proposal has logistical problems -- how big do we make the preserve? what do we do with people who want to re-enter civilization? -- but the important question is, would this help to restore our S&P AAA credit rating?
Update: RJC, You have brought up an advantage I didn't have room to point out. So many loose guns will flow into the nature preserve, there will be fewer available outside for burglars to steal and resell on the streets. The logistical problems I alluded to are what do we do if you can't truly make it on your own in the... show more RJC,
You have brought up an advantage I didn't have room to point out. So many loose guns will flow into the nature preserve, there will be fewer available outside for burglars to steal and resell on the streets. The logistical problems I alluded to are what do we do if you can't truly make it on your own in the nature preserve. Do we let you back into civilization? Ahead of aspiring foreign immigrants? How do we know you didn't kill someone in there? maybe someone who didn't even need killing?

And the rest of you who have answered so far, learn to read warning labels.