Why do most Americans refuse to admit the US lost the war of 1812?

I mean there is no way it can be called a US victory. Americas invasion of Canada was defeated and Washington DC burnt down. America achieved non of its aims whilst Britain achieved all of them. Also impressment didn't end as a result of the war of 1812, it ended because the Napoleonic wars in Europe ended.

Neither side won. America lost though. The only reason the treaty was rushed and war reparations not wanted was because it was simply an inconvenience that cost almost nothing in the grand scheme of things, and we wanted to end the inconvenience.

And I can go on about how Americans were late into both World Wars and how the Brits, the Aussies, the Canadians and the Frenchies won most of it. But I won't, because otherwise Yanks will realise how useless they are and then I won't have any arguments...