Is this a scam or real?

Well, just a few hours ago i got a call from a Microsoft Technition. And apparently it was a call from an Unknown area and it was from a indian guy, He told me I had virus and problems with my computer and it sent a message to them that there was an error, and it's about to crash. He told me to get... show more Well, just a few hours ago i got a call from a Microsoft Technition.
And apparently it was a call from an Unknown area and it was from a indian guy,
He told me I had virus and problems with my computer and it sent a message to them that there was an error, and it's about to crash.

He told me to get on
Go to the windows called "run" and type in "inf" and exlained to be that i have tons of virus.
then he told me to go to "run" again and type in a website called "www.ammyy.com" and download it
and give him the ID number and all, Then he was on my computer and i saw him moving my cursor around and etc.

Then he went to run and typed in "eventvwr" and explain to me i had tons of errors and warnings and stuff.

Then he explain the reason why i have all these errors is cause "Mircosoft Securtiy" has expired.

Then he said "With a fee of 72.99 we will fix it all and you will get the "Microsoft Security" back on."

He asked if i was 18 and i said No
and he asked to ask my dad or mom to pay.

Anyhoo, I got pissed because i looked up Microsoft Securtiy and all came up was "Microsoft Secutriy Essential" and "Microsoft Secutriy scaner"

So he hung up on me and i hung up on him and i didn't pay him but i was wondering if this caller from India a scam or a real Microsoft guy.

EXTRA!: If you can, can you tell me what's a good anti-virus and whatnot? I'm not so great at computers so i was just confused at this.

PLEASE ANSWER! I DON"T WANT MY COMPUTER TO CRASH IF IT WAS A REAL GUY D=
Update: Okay well How do i know what he put into my comptuer?
What kind of virus could he have putted into?
This laptop i use is a laptop for school, I do projects and presentation and whatnot. Nothing that's other then school.
=/
I hope there's nothing wrong with this...