Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 8 years ago

Could i leave some undies on my car engine to dry out after a camp?

We are going to a waterfall and need to dry our clothes... was thinking of placing smaller items especially undies/bikinis on the engine to dry as the wind from the radiator fan should help... would this be safe? Any danger of them getting caught in the fan?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Dan H
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Best answer

You don't want to do that. If they are polyester, they could melt or start a fire, if they are cotton, they could start on fire. They could get caught in moving parts and they could simply fall out the bottom of the car and end up on the road.

Find another way to dry them out. If it's a hot day, you could lay them out on the hood and roof of the car in the sun. That will dry them out in an hour or two. If you are leaving right away, put them in a bag and lay them out when you get to your stopping place for the night. If you are going home, take them home and put them in the dryer.

Take a change of clothes so you don't have to wear the wet ones.

• ?
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

Not until they are absolutely dry. You might place a clean stone on them to hold them there.

Most fans have protective shrouds, so they can only get sucked into the fan, not fall into them.

Undies on a Greasy car motor? Yukk! Put some clean paper over the motor, First. They may still Smell of oil even when dry.

User a clothesline.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

x2 on the above Your undies could get caught in the drive belt and leave you stranded.

• H.r.
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

take a day pack, put some extra clothes in it, let wet clothes dry anywhere but your car motor

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 years ago

awesome ...........really i would not your undies might get damaged before the car would i would just air dry them

• bobweb
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Put them in the dryer when you get home.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.