Windows 7 laptop won't shut down?

Processor: Intel Celeron C900 Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium I have an advent roma 1000 laptop, I have had it for over a year and occasionally had problems such as this, last time I found a solution on the internet but I have not been able to find it since, it was something to do with going into... show more Processor: Intel Celeron C900
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium

I have an advent roma 1000 laptop, I have had it for over a year and occasionally had problems such as this, last time I found a solution on the internet but I have not been able to find it since, it was something to do with going into control panel and power settings, but I can't remember. Every time I press the shutdown button in the start menu, nothing happens, every time I press the power button on the laptop itself nothing happens. I have changed power settings so that my laptop shuts down when I close it but when I close it and open it again nothing has changed. Please help!

Thanks.
Update: Also, this results in me not being able to open World of Warcraft for some reason, if that helps at all.