Is it at all possible that The Holocaust is a Big Lie that was never properly verified?

I had heard all my life that Adolph Hitler was just a madman who got control of a country, built a War-Machine, tried to conquer the World, bit off what he could not chew, shot himself, yadda-yadda-yada. When I became a Born Again Christian, I learned that Adolph Hitler was considered a man of the highest moral... show more I had heard all my life that Adolph Hitler was just a madman who got control of a country, built a War-Machine, tried to conquer the World, bit off what he could not chew, shot himself, yadda-yadda-yada.

When I became a Born Again Christian, I learned that Adolph Hitler was considered a man of the highest moral fibre and sound Christian Faith, being literally blessed and approved by his Pope, and given a concordat authorizing him to wage war on other nations with the intent of killing any Christians- Roman Catholic or Protestant- who opposed him. As proof of this, he was allied with Italy, and Benito Mussolini, who was head of State of the home of Roman Catholicism.

Roman Catholicism was apparently somewhat big in Japan, and Harry S. Truman, President of the United States, is said to have received his 33rd Degree in Scottish Rite Freemasonry- only bestowed for especial services- for issuing the order to drop the second Atom Bomb on Nagasaki, which was an important centre of Roman Catholicism in Japan at the time.

As punishment for what they tried to do, The Vatican was kicked off the League of Nations, and no longer (officially) granted recognition as a sovereign state- a mere slap on the wrist, really.

This was an enormous eye-opener. It is perfectly understandable that these historical facts should be covered up- wisely or not. People thought differently in those days, and mistakes were made, where people know better now- one might hope.

However, what I never questioned was that the horrible, vile Nazi Germans imprisoned every Jew they could lay their hands upon, shipped them out to Concentration Camps, gassed them to death, and cremated the remains. I did my Primary Schooling in England, and these details were understandably not imposed upon us pre-teens. However, when I did my Secondary Schooling in Nigeria, there was basically no education on the Second World War up until the time that I dropped History at the Ordinary Level. it never came up in school at all. Any further intelligence on the subject I obtained from occasional books I might come across at Flea-Marts, and libraries, and the inevitable movie, novel, and comic-book media. It was gradually diffused into my brain, that the Nazis had killed six million Jews in their Extermination Camps. This knowledge assumed the proportions of a fact, as if I had seen it proven, whereas I had actually not ever.

When I became a Born Again Christian in 1979, we were saturated with preaching that the rise of a new nation of Israel in 1948 fulfilled Bible Prophecy (Matt. 24:32-34), whereby "JESUS IS COMING SOON!!!" He could come, we were told AT ANY MINUTE, because the Generation that was alive when the Nation of Israel began to "put forth its leaves" could not pass away before all things- The Rise of the AntiChrist, The Great Tribulation, and The Return of Jesus were fulfilled.

This was told us by many respected Christian Ministers of the most impeccable references. Some of our Heroes had even seen Jesus Christ face-to-face, and been granted supernatural Anointing Gifts to prove it. Tommy Lee Osborn, William Branham, Oral Roberts, Kenneth E. Hagin, Roland S. Buck, Roberts Liardon, and others. Why should we doubt such an enormous cloud of witnesses?

It was taken for granted that our christian leaders all knew what they were talking about.
There was no reason to doubt that Israel had a Right to exist and a Need to Exist, because it was massively unjust that they should have been put through The Holocaust, and lose six million peaceable persons in Cold Blood, who didn't do the least thing to deserve it (PoZ, or no PoZ)!

It was also Common Knowledge that the Nazis used a Cyanide Gas to exterminate the Jews- a preparation called "ZYKLON-B." Anyone who knew anything about The Holocaust knew about this hellish compound. I happened to bring this up incidentally in another question, and someone butted in, failing to answer my actual question, but referring me to a website. Obviously one of those "Holocaust-Denial" Nutters. I had time, so I looked up the links, and I found compelling claims- some of which I had heard before, that the Concentration Camps were not Extermination camps- which I had refused to hear before, because I had seen some Black & White war pictures showing inmates in the camp as they were being rescued. You could not unsee those images.

This website added four pieces of information I had never heard before:
Update: 1. The purpose of the ZYKLON-B was to kill the ticks and lice infesting the inmates, for their own good. 2. The "Gas Nozzles" in some supposed Gas Chambers were shower heads, and dispensed water. 3. The starvation evident in Concentration camp inmates was caused by the Allies, who bombed out the supply-lines.... show more

1. The purpose of the ZYKLON-B was to kill the ticks and lice infesting the inmates, for their own good.

2. The "Gas Nozzles" in some supposed Gas Chambers were shower heads, and dispensed water.

3. The starvation evident in Concentration camp inmates was caused by the Allies, who bombed out the supply-lines. (Thanks, pals!)

4. The purpose of the camps was Deportation, not Extermination (which does not make it all right, but it puts a different face on the situation, and explains things, like why the Allies never went rushing in there to rescue the Jews before the Body-Count got so incredibly high- it was not what we were later told.) This therefore explains why (according to this Holocaust-Denier website) no execution order from Adolph Hitler was ever documented. Not even one.
Update 2: This is all one person- or gang of persons' word against what has been minority-challenged Common Knowledge for six decades now. To claim that there is no proof of a Holocaust is like saying evidence has emerged proving the Apoolo Missions to the Moon were all faked! Given how nasty the Nazis were supposed to be-... show more This is all one person- or gang of persons' word against what has been minority-challenged Common Knowledge for six decades now. To claim that there is no proof of a Holocaust is like saying evidence has emerged proving the Apoolo Missions to the Moon were all faked!

Given how nasty the Nazis were supposed to be- and were proven to be- I have seen pictures of mass-executions and mass-graves- which does not have to prove a multi-million Holocaust- one would expect their descendants and sympathizers to lie massively- as Hitler certainly did.

But surely, it has to be disturbing that there was not the evidence we have been made to believe that there was?