I think my husband is depressed or has bi polar?

I could write a very long....drawn out question but bottom line is....he has these issues. He will not address them and is making everyone elses life miserable. I would like to hear from women or men who have lived with a depressed - mild bi polar person. Does it ever get any better? Is is even worth me being... show more I could write a very long....drawn out question but bottom line is....he has these issues. He will not address them and is making everyone elses life miserable. I would like to hear from women or men who have lived with a depressed - mild bi polar person. Does it ever get any better? Is is even worth me being here?? After dealing with this for 15 yrs I just don't know if it's worth it any more.....
Update: I have been staying in this marriage for the kids and I'm sure he has too. Everything that I do bothers him...I have not been happy for so long but don't want to hurt my kids. I have tried everything to ease the pain...EVERYTHING...Now he is so down that he doesn't want to do his business anymore and doesn't know... show more I have been staying in this marriage for the kids and I'm sure he has too. Everything that I do bothers him...I have not been happy for so long but don't want to hurt my kids. I have tried everything to ease the pain...EVERYTHING...Now he is so down that he doesn't want to do his business anymore and doesn't know if he wants to stay in the marriage. He goes to bed at 8 or 9 every night and just acts zoned out...I'm so upset and confused I just don't know what to do! I have been with him since I was 17 and now in early 40's. I just don't understand why he is so happy. He has everything...I nice home, pretty wife, beautiful kids, a successful business, nice family, nice vehicles..stuff alot of people would kill for...I just don't know what to do any more...
Update 2: BiPolar runs in his family the grandfather was hospitalized with it and all of them (6) suffer with depression issues to some extent or another...We have been to marriage counseling.