If I buy a house before we get married, would she get half the house if we divorced?

Were getting married. If I buy a house before we get married but than get divorced, would she get half of the house?

• Lovely

Even if your name only appears on the paper, she will still get half of whatever you own after you get married unless she signs a pre-nup.

she gets 1/2 the equity earned on the house while married.

other wise all guys would buy a house a year or so before getting married,if that was all it took for her not to have any rights to the house.

Normally during a divorce, the house gets sold. Technically, if she is contributing half to the mortgage, she can. Are you already planning a divorce, and you are not even married yet? Dude, you are a cynic.

Once you get married everything is 50/50 rather we like it or not. I got divorced and found out my ex's $27g doctor bill was also my responsibility and they went after me. I know there is prenuptuals and lawyers that can prevent it from being 50/50 but I wouldn't know the details.

Yes, in most states she would because it is the marital home. If you are concerned about the money you have amassed, then see a lawyer before making any decisions.

In some states premarital assets are protected but just to be safe put it in a trust or a corporation name .

You can incorporate for less than $500.00

Yes, in most states she would get half.

• maiya

anything that have both names yours and hers she is entitle to half

property bank acc cars-now anything that you purchase before marriage is yours

noo unless u put her name in the papers!...the house is urs!