How do I keep ticks off me?

I used to live in Colorado and due to a car accident I'm now living in South Carolina for estimated 6months to a year, and in Colorado I hiked all over the state with my dogs and never had any problems with ticks or any other bugs for that matter and never worried about insect repellents or anything like that.... show more I used to live in Colorado and due to a car accident I'm now living in South Carolina for estimated 6months to a year, and in Colorado I hiked all over the state with my dogs and never had any problems with ticks or any other bugs for that matter and never worried about insect repellents or anything like that. I've been in SC for about 4 days now and while walking I've flicked at least a couple ticks off my pant legs each day then tonight I also had to remove four that had bitten me.
How do I keep the ticks off altogether? Any products(short of dousing myself with RAID) or any other recommendations? they kind of disgust me and I know they can carry all sorts of diseases
0