Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 9 years ago

How Fast Can I get Passport for trip to Canada?

My husband and I are going up north to visit my family.They want to take us up to Canada to visit some places.I have always had a passport because I travel a lot since my father is in the military.My husband is also in the military but he does not have a Passport.When we moved to Japan he used his military passport and orders to get through customs so it was never a big deal.Can he use his Military ID in Canada or does he need a passport?? If he does need a passport how long does it usually take?? I forgot how long mine use to take but i use to get the fast shipping one that usually cost me $99.

• Gerd P

Exempt from the passport requirement are only U.S. citizens on active duty with the U.S. Armed Forces, traveling on official duty with military ID and travel orders. For private visits to Canada he will need a passport booklet for any flight travel. For crossing the land border he may also use a passport card or get his driver's license enhanced if you reside in Michigan, New York, Vermont or Washington state.

The regular processing fee (4-6 weeks) for a passport book is $135.00, $55.00 for a passport card.

Expedited processing (2-3 weeks) is an additional $60; for overnight courier delivery after production an additional $12.72 is levied (this only applies to passport book applications, passport cards will be sent by 1st class mail only). Should you live near one of the 24 regional Passport Agencies and you will need to travel within two weeks you might get an appointment to apply for the passport in person and get it the same day or have it delivered by courier the next day.

http://travel.state.gov/passport/npic/agencies/age... ..

http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/first/first_8... ..

no longer are you able to return to the U. S. on in basic terms a militia id. he incredibly needs a passport or passport card. the passport card is greater fee-effective and is stable for land return and forth in basic terms between mexico and canada. nonetheless takes 4-8 weeks to get