Why do many Christians pray this way?

Black and white alike why do Christian people pray in their churches by shouting, screaming and even singing and dancing around? How does the bible teach or say about praying to God? Is it not best to be modest and unseen?

Also is there anything in the bible about taking of your shoes when in the house of God and in his presence?

Thankyou.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Best answer

you really need to learn the difference between 'prayer' and 'worship'

• 8 years ago

It's just worshiping. Personally, I see it as a way of many people coming together and worshiping allowed out loud, which is something God would want, but I do think being modest and unseen is something God would want to, as long as you aren't worshiping allowed for credit then I don't think it's worse than being unseen.

I'm not sure about the shoes, but there are instances in the bible where shoes came off in the presence of God.

• 8 years ago

Shouting, dancing, etc are pagan ritual related things that have crept into the various churches. Not all churches follow that sort of stuff. When the Bible talks about praying, it says to do it privately "in your closet" and that God will reward you openly for it. Humility is what the Lord has asked.

When Moses met God in Exodus 3:5, he was commanded to remove his shoes. Joshua was similarly commanded to do so in Joshua 5: 15.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

I agree. Prayers are meant to be modest, but sometimes we can get so excited about God that we become emotional. All I know about the shoe thing is God made Moses take off his sandals in front of the burning bush.

Source(s): Christian
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • lbfr
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

We don't. We are respectful and don't dance around and scream and shout. We do sing. But it is angelic and harmonious. I would never dare to scream or dance around more than tapping my foot in the prescense of the Eucharist. That is too much.

Source(s): Catholic
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

Different sects of Christianity have different customs.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

You can pray any way you want

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.