Is it constant glove use causing this?

My hands tend to be dry, cracked and flaky but the worse part is the tinny tiny pinprick lumps i get on my palms and fingers that look like blisters!?

in my job it requires that I wear rubber gloves (like you see at the docs) all day everyday to protect the work not me.

In general my hands can be a little sweaty but at work it can get so bad it'll be dripping down my arm from the gloves, its so uncomfortable:( seeing the company's occupational health nurse he swapped me from latex to nitrile gloves believing i had a slight latex allergy. I was then off work for several weeks from a surgery and my hands cleared up totally, now im back it took 3 weeks for my hands to go back to their sorry state and now the company nurse is getting inpatient with me. I believe wearing gloves suffocating in sweat everyday cant be healthy right?

Oh and they are not itchy..rarely

please help

4 Answers

  • 9 years ago
    Favourite answer

    3.Dyshidrosis. Google images and ...... does it look like this?

    It is allergy to a dermatophyte, which is any kind of skin loving bug. mold, yeast, bacteria, virus, parasite, pollen. It could be anywhere on your body. The rash on the hands(or feet) is just a red flag. Take anti-histamines for immediate relief. Fexofenadine 180mg, and 12 hours later 60mg, then every 12 hours 60mg. This is not the cure. But it will stop the itching, and swelling. Go to dyshidrosis@yahoogroups for treatments and information.

    OK, you don't itch. the heat rather than the sweat can cause this. Also the sweat is food for dermatophytes. If it clears up when you are not hot and sweaty, what else can be the cause?

    you are going to have to get another job. Or take fexo every workday.

    Source(s): i study Dyshidrosis.
  • 9 years ago

    Are you wearing Latex gloves (natural rubber)? People tend to be highly allergic to it, and develop symptoms like you are describing. People acquire it, meaning the more they are exposed to it, the more allergic they become.

    The fact that you didn't have symptoms while you were off work is highly suspicious for this.

    You should see a dermatologist, or even your regular doc, and they can draw a special lab to test your level in your blood for this specific allergy.

    In the meantime, try a different, non-latex type of glove, and see if it helps.

    Source(s): Occupational therapist in a hospital
  • 9 years ago

    a dermatologist can diagnose and treat this best. it sounds like sweat, so maybe cotton gloves inside the nitrile? see the doc

  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

    You should try using hand cream.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.