Does this sound like a good teen story idea?

Also, it would mean a lot if you could suggest some names for each of the characters. And I've only got the beginning so far, the rest will come later. (Main Character): She is a girl from Chicago with brown hair and brown eyes. She's pretty, just rather plain. Guys don't necessarily line up to meet... show more Also, it would mean a lot if you could suggest some names for each of the characters. And I've only got the beginning so far, the rest will come later.
(Main Character): She is a girl from Chicago with brown hair and brown eyes. She's pretty, just rather plain. Guys don't necessarily line up to meet her. She is open minded towards people, but she is also stubborn, opinionated, and rebellious. She is very doubtful and she doesn't trust people. She doubts the religion that her parents taught her (Christianity) and she just can't seem to believe anything. She loves art, she paints and draws frequently, and music, she plays guitar and piano very well. She is extremely intelligent, but despite her smarts, wants to throw it all away and become a gypsy or an artist. She believes in the term live fast and die young. Anyway, she is basically tired of her life and wants something exciting to happen. She loves her parents who are wonderful just extremely strict Christians. She is also very close to her older brother who is 2 years older than her. She is going into her sophomore year of high school.
(Best Friend #1): She is gorgeous. She has huge blue eyes and wavy brown hair. However, she is very conceited and has a compulsive habit of lying. She is very poor, Her parents both recently lost their jobs. She is a violin virtuoso and uses her talents to earn money for herself. She loves fashion and makeup and usually ends up blowing her money on those things. She is not very intelligent, unfortunately. Despite her problems her and the main character are very good friends, they do tend to get in arguments because of their different opinions because she is a very strong Christian. She is going into her sophomore year of high school as well.
(Best Friend #2): She has dark brown straight hair and greenish grey eyes. She is extremely quirky and fun and bubbly and gets along with the main character very well. She is an aspiring actor, and has appeared in a number of shows and commercials. She has true talent but never talks about herself. She is also very rich, and has divorced parents. Her flaws are she has absolutely no self control and she is very impulsive. She is also very experienced with boys, unlike the main character who has never had a boyfriend or kissed a boy. She is also dated the main character's older brother. She is going into her junior year of high school
(Older Brother): The main character's older brother is smart, funny, and handsome. He is also an intense rule follower and pacifist. He plays guitar like a pro, and is looking to start his own band. He however is very sensitive and takes things very seriously. He is going into his senior year of high school.

Anyways, it basically starts out a month before (main ch.) 15th birthday. The headmaster (who is a bit crazy) of her private school announces he is taking out the high school. She has to go to the public school with best friend #1, however they have no classes together because (main ch.) is in the advanced program. She basically has to learn to go from small private school to huge public school, and deal with drugs, smoking, alcohol, and sex, things she has little to no experience with. She turns 15 in May, a few days before her private school lets out and it is now Summer break, stressed with worrying about her new school and summer reading and learning French (her mom is making her), she tries to let herself have fun. She goes to lake with her two best friends and her best friends twin brothers who are the main character's age. Of COURSE, she develops a huge crush on one of the brothers, as he does on her, and start hooking up at the lake (kissing, no sex or anything.) Of course, the lake trip ends, and school starts. She is having a secret relationship with the boy because her parents won't let her date.

Okay, that's all I have now, sorry it's so long. If you would, would you give me your opinions? Is it realistic? Will people want to read it? Any suggestions for what I have? And also could you come up with first and last names for all the characters mentioned? (main character, best friend 1, best friend 2, older brother, brother of best friend 2 who she likes). THANKSSSS!
Update: To Alex: Best friend 1 plays violin for events such as weddings and events. She is very skilled, so it is possible. Also, I'm not trying to make public school seem bad. Just a very dramatic change for the main character, who is unsure about the new school and not sure what it will be like. Thanks for the feedback... show more To Alex: Best friend 1 plays violin for events such as weddings and events. She is very skilled, so it is possible.
Also, I'm not trying to make public school seem bad. Just a very dramatic change for the main character, who is unsure about the new school and not sure what it will be like. Thanks for the feedback though.
3 answers 3