Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 9 years ago

hey please read the whole piece i need some advice on this issue from my childhood?

i was emotionally abused as a child and this has crippled my ability to form relationships in my life now as i feel who could possibly see the value in a person like me i find it almost impossible to talk to women that i fancy i think this comes from a awkward relationship with my mother and also my foster mother treated me as if i was second class. also i remember being sexually abused and putting up a fight and then other situations like this during the time i was around ten this memory or memories make me feel useless, i often think even if a get the woman i am after i will destroy her life because of all the bitterness in my past. i also stuggle to make friends and also need some advice on this

it is just so hard to know what is normal in life after being rised in such an abnormal enviroment

i would not define myself as angry and bitter but rather confused and unable to relate to people i meet particularly the first time i meet someone

hi,

i totally understand where you are coming from.I had an extremely bad childhood and was really insecure with no confidence. I hated the world and could not get close to anyone. The thing that helped me , was writing things down, everything, all my thoughts and feelings, no matter how bad they were and i would feel so much better. i have never read what ive wrote but it was a huge relief for me. I cant say ive ever had a ''normal'' life compared to my friends but things do get better. you should try and meet some people, take your time, join a class or something, look on line for groups and slowly your confidence will rise. To this day, i still find it hard to trust people and i think i always will but that's something ive had to deal with. Dealing with your thoughts will help, painful but it will be worth it. you need to realise that you are worth something and will be loved. deal with the past, don't let it ruin your future. your a strong person for coming though this and i wish you all the luck,.

Source(s): life

hi im sorry to hear what u went true i 2 was abused as a child and ill tell u it haunts u for life but u have 2 get over it and move on because if u don't it will ruin your life i wouldn't let my self get close to any 1 either but have since dated a few men i hope this has helped you

You would be amazed at how many people in our society have had to cope with similar circumstances. It is not easy, but it is do able.There is very good counseling available for this problem. Talk to your minister, doctor, a psychiatrist,

get some guidance counceling on being more social