Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

do you believe in god and if so why when the world is like it is and there is no indication of a higher power?

hey please read the whole piece i need some advice on this issue from my childhood?

i was emotionally abused as a child and this has crippled my ability to form relationships in my life now as i feel who could possibly see the value in a person like me i find it almost impossible to talk to women that i fancy i think this comes from a awkward relationship with my mother and also my foster mother treated me as if i was second class. also i remember being sexually abused and putting up a fight and then other situations like this during the time i was around ten this memory or memories make me feel useless, i often think even if a get the woman i am after i will destroy her life because of all the bitterness in my past. i also stuggle to make friends and also need some advice on this

it is just so hard to know what is normal in life after being rised in such an abnormal enviroment

i would not define myself as angry and bitter but rather confused and unable to relate to people i meet particularly the first time i meet someone

No, I don't believe in a God. Never have done, and probably never will do.

you need to build confidence in yourself. I am so sorry about what happened when you were younger, but i think that if you gained some courage then you would be able to find someone and a friend , also i would be open about the past as it might help them to understand. Nothing was your fault so you shouldn't feel that way about yourself, and no you are not useless! if you get a woman she will be a woman who understands you and i bet you anything you will make her happy and you wont destroy her life. Hope this helps x. And no i dont believe in god i am a studying wicca though :).

Source(s): my own thaughts hope theyr ok

i use to believe in a God. that sounds like a noun right? this guy , this person or being who controlled our fate.

4 deaths later i realized that God is not a person. people part of a religious community feel they have a connection and they feel LOVED. then they feel God. they don't feel god when their community makes then feel like just another number but they suddenly feel love again when they feel supported and LOVED in another community. when people say there is no god because there is no peace or love in the current situation. therefore God is love but a greater feeling of love.

you know thoses exteremly very rare occoasions when you wake up in the morning and the world just seems at peace and you feel loved and feel like spreading it? thats When God (back when i was a catholic) felt there and felt the strongest. When i'm down, he's not there. When i have hope he seems to be there.....i figured out that God is not a person and has never been much like the talking snake in the bible isn't really a snake but another word for "tempation of evil".....thus God is love and feeling of hope, peace and overall love.

its hard to find a human God who controls everything BECAUSE God is love and well,.. ppl are different and so people are going to clash and if people clash then that is not god and thats why it feels like gods not there, because love isn't

feel better though. you'll find someone who'll make you happy. just keep in mind your LIFE is up to you and you can make it anything you want as long as you have the guts to try

• Moe

I read the whole piece. And I'm very sorry that such awful things have happened to you. Please know and understand that you're not the only one who has had it rough. Try to avoid feeling sorry for yourself. That's what keeps a person trapped in the past. I heard a quote the other day that was great, maybe it'll help you. "You can't do anything to make your past better" It's SO true. Dwelling on crappy memories is a waste of good time. Don't let what has happened to you hinder you from getting to know other people. Don't hold it against anyone else, they have never done you wrong. Our scars remind us that the past is very real. You! have a power to show other people your scars, people who have experienced what you have. I know that there are other people that can relate to the hurts that you have. You are a support to other people and you need to allow others to support you. Not everybody knows what it's like, but the people who do. . .those are the people that YOU can help out and give advise to.

I believe in God, yes. And since I believe in God, I also believe in Satan. Satan is at work in this world and he is very effective at winning souls. Think of Jesus Christ, He and satan are fighting side-by-side and they are both out to win your soul.

Back in the Garden of Eden, God gave dominion and power over to Adam to take care of and maintain God's creation. When Adam sinned, he past dominon and power over to Satan. Satan took Jesus up on the exceedingly high mountains and told Him, "All the nations and all the kingdoms can be yours if you just bow down and worship me." That would not have been a temptation for Jesus if it were not true. Satan has rule down here, and he uses other people to keep you away from God. Look around you. There are two kinds of spirits in this world. They are the Holy Spirit and evil spirits. It's good vs. evil. Demons attack people on a spiritual level. They don't spit and hiss at you, if you give them a door, they will come in and they will attack you on a spiritual level. They know EXACTLY how to play on your emotions and keep you trapped in a state of anger, sadness, bitterness, and sorrow. Work on your spiritual weakness. When you start to think about the past, BLOCK those thoughts. . .Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit WILL help you with that. The only thing that you need to do is BELIEVE that Jesus Christ lived and died and rose again to save your soul. And pray about it. God can help you to heal and He can use you to help OTHERS!!!

From what you've said it sounds like you're slightly angry at God for what happened to you as a child. I can't imagine what it was like but there is one thing I do know. Perhaps instead of blaming God or getting annoyed at Him because you struggle to have relationships you should see Him as the one who can help you. He can save you from your sins and when you ask Him into your life he is there for you. He loves you, I know he does, and He can and will help you through all of the problems in your life, including problems in the past.

12) I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in and and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13) I can do everything through him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:12,13

I know that in society today it is difficult to find evidence of anything good because it has been so corrupted. However there is some evidence. These include Christian charities, help schemes and that sort of thing. However if you are struggling to find evidence of God in society look else where. Look at the complexity of life and how impossible it would be for life to come about if there was no God.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/get-answers#/topic...

Yes i believe in God. The world is like this because of our sins. But, God still love us and provide us with our needs. He give us food, water, children, light and the animals and plant that he created. But the Earth is not here forever, the Earth is almost over with. That's why you see so many crimes and disasters at this time because Jesus is coming soon.

Be strong and ask God to guide your path so you can go to the right way.Ask God for help and he will help you.

Source(s): The bible
  • B F

I'm sorry this happened to you. I also was abused but not to the extent that you have described. There is a God who is good, but there is also evil, put the blame where it belongs. One who follows God will love others and not abuse them. But evil wants to hurt others:

John 10:10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

Psalm 147:3 He heals the brokenhearted And binds up their wounds.

Psalm 27:10 When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up.

I have been christened, but don't go to church etc.

I believe there is some sort of 'god' out there, like if I was about to die I would pray to god to save my life.

and I have prayed before, and it happened. so I believe in god.

but I agree with the big bang and evolution, but something must have started all of this. and I want to think that there is an afterlife.

"to whom much is given, much is expected"

God knows you, He knows that you can pull through such situations as these, or else you would have had a different lot in life.

God knows our full potential, and puts us in situations that call it forth.

You are a strong person, even if you don't believe in yourself, that potential is there, waiting to be put to use.

pax Dei