Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 9 years ago

Hey please read the whole piece i need some advice on this issue from my childhood?

H

hey please read the whole piece i need some advice on this issue from my childhood?

i was emotionally abused as a child and this has crippled my ability to form relationships in my life now as i feel who could possibly see the value in a person like me i find it almost impossible to talk to women that i fancy i think this comes from a awkward relationship with my mother and also my foster mother treated me as if i was second class. also i remember being sexually abused and putting up a fight and then other situations like this during the time i was around ten this memory or memories make me feel useless, i often think even if a get the woman i am after i will destroy her life because of all the bitterness in my past. i also stuggle to make friends and also need some advice on this

it is just so hard to know what is normal in life after being rised in such an abnormal enviroment

i would not define myself as angry and bitter but rather confused and unable to relate to people i meet particularly the first time i meet someone

Oh well aren't you special, you can't relate to strangers you meet ( like 90% of the population)... and all because you were emotionally abused a while back, way, way back in your childhood. Hey well guess what - you're not a child anymore, you're an adult with responsibilities and choices. You're accountable for your own actions now. So drop the victim act and start acting like a man.

Thanks, I hope the cold harsh reality of this helps.

Your response is quite normal.

Very few people find this easy.

I think what you consider would have been a normal upbringing would actually be considered by many to be the 'perfect' upbringing.

Most growing up situations incorporate some sort of abuse.

Obviously the 'sexual abuse' side of things is slightly more disturbing than other types in our western culture.

My advice is to accept what happened in your past - you're nothing special.

All of us have a background of one sort or another.

Come to terms with it and get on with your life the best you can - without blaming it on things you can't change.

Good luck.

Source(s): Life experience.