7 NHL teams in Canada, Hockey is for Canada only?

Now that the Jets are back where they belong, where would we put the other 23 US NHL teams in Canada? Yellowknife is in a need of one the most. Poor Canadians have to drive such a long way to see the Oilers play.

3 cheers for Canada! Poutine and Molson's on me!

So in your delusional world where Canada has 30 NHL teams, which team runs into financial problems first and has to move back to the U.S.? As popular as the sport is, the cold, Canadian reality is that there isn't enough population to support all 30 teams. Time to get over yourselves and realize that the United States does play a pivotal role in the professional development of hockey.

I'm sure that you'll give me a thumbs down for this, but it's ok to be bitter. I know it hurts you personally that, despite being "Canada's sport", a Canadian team hasn't won the Cup since 1993. It must burn you inside to watch teams like Dallas, Tampa Bay, Carolina, and Anaheim skate with the Cup more recently than any Canadian team.

At this points, I'm sure you will point out (as every Canadian does) that the teams had Canadian players. Too true. Take solace in that fact while American cities have parades, Canadian cities have embarrassing riots, and a Michigan native is named the playoffs MVP.

The reason Winnipeg got the Thrashers was because the Thrasher's ownership group ran the team like a **&#*$&#)$&#)$#& (don't even try to figure out what that means). If any other teams move, it'll be Colombus or Phoenix, those teams will move to either Quebec City, Seattle, or Kansas City. There's not enough large cities in Canada for 30 NHL teams to thrive.

Source(s): personal experience (I live in Winnipeg)

The only reason that the US has more teams is because they have more cities with large populations than Canada does, Canada`s largest cities all have NHL teams, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver. Although I do think a team on the east coast like in Halifax would be pretty cool.

• Stevie

The population of Yellowknife, as estimated in late 2010, is 15,865

• 7 of 30 teams are in Canada... You may like hockey but you must hate fractions

• Amiyah

funny you mentioned Poutine because I just had one :)

but 23 teams Canada ? lol not gonna happen....however I really want Quebec city to have a team, it would be fun to see the habs and them play and hate each other.

I'll personally help you ship the Blues to the Northwest Territories! Yes, the Yellow Knife Blues sounds perfect to me!

• Dale M

Some of you have walked right into his trap. Your answers are as foolish as the question.

You wanks have the CHL. You have your own league. So sit down and shutup.