Why did Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) leave Brown University?

I've heard multiple reasons why she might have left Brown.

Theories I've heard was she was being teased by fellow class members. When she would answer a question in class, her class members would shout "10 points to Gryffindor!" Other theories are a fake nude photo of her was being shown around campus. Possibly she wanted to focus on modeling/ acting. Anybody know anything else?

'Emma Watson, the "Harry Potter" star rumored to have been bullied out of Brown University, is finally addressing the real reason she ended her collegiate run: fame.

"I was in denial," Watson told Britain's Sunday Times' Style Magazine, explaining how the spotlight affected her decision to leave the Rhode Island university. "I wanted to pretend I wasn't as famous as I was. I was trying to seek out normality, but I kind of have to accept who I am, the position I'm in and what happened."

In March, she announced she would be taking time off from Brown to complete her responsibilities on "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows — Part 2" and focus on "other professional and acting projects."

Rumors that the 21-year-old had been bullied out of the institution followed soon after, when a report said quip-slinging classmates had mocked her for her fictional bookworm persona.

"It made me so sad when all this stuff came out that I left Brown because I was being bullied," she said. "It made no sense at all. Brown has been the opposite."

At the time, her rep denied bullying caused the actress to leave Brown, and Watson now insists that her cohorts didn't even seem to care about her celebrity.

"I've never even been asked for an autograph on campus. I threw a party for nearly 100 students, and not a single person put a photo on Facebook," she said. "Anyway, even if I was being given a hard time, I wasn't going to wuss out of university because someone said 'Wingardium leviosa' to me in a corridor, or 'Ten points for Gryffindor.'

"I've been dealing with the media since I was 9. If I can't stand up to a few people giving me a hard time, it's a bit pathetic, really. I've had so much worse."

Watson was said to have arranged a transfer to another university to pursue a course of study not offered at Brown; however, her recent declaration implies that she may be taking a longer academic hiatus.'

She left because she's studying at Oxford for a semester/year. It's hard for her to do modeling/acting in Providence, so she took some time off. Plus she needed time to promote HP 7.

The bullying stuff is just tabloid fodder. Emma never said this was a reason. She was treated with as much respect at Brown as she would be at any college, if not more. She's famous, of course it's going to be hard!

even if she gets bullied, she gotta accept the fact that celebrities want to be treated differently to normal people and shes a celebrity, sure shes not 1 of those ignorant cocky celebrities but thats a stereotype of one so the people are just taking advantage when they see 1

Nudes pics of her also surfaced, which allegedly was taken by someone there, so I think she just needed to get out.

The students there bullied her without end. So she dropped out.

Source(s): News

whatsoever the reason might be .........but what you gotta do with that

because she's getting bullied badly:(