Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

Do any atheists deny the facts of evolution?

Or is it just certain flavours of theists?

...

Lol. Hey Bill. :-)

...

• Alєx

Only POEs and they're not serious

YES! Many Atheists DENY evolutionary theory as a possible mechanism for Origin of species. In fact, more and more secular scientists are also coming out on record DENYING evolutionary theory.

It s a dying theory from the 17th century that is totally absurd.

I think people are thrown off by how you use the term "fact." In scientific terminology, a fact(theory) is only "true", until new and credible evidence is found that alters or changes completely the current theory. People who do not know what a scientific theory is, will not understand the concept of fact in scientific terms. To them, you are saying that this or that is absolute.

Source(s): My logic and thoughts.
  • What does evolution have to do with religion or atheists?

It's pretty much a widely accepted fact, even by a lot of religious people.

the closest thing i've heard is an atheist who denies evolution as a fact, and states that there are too many unknowns. But he doesn't default onto religion's explanation tho, which is good.

• Tico

There are no facts of evolution. Evolution can't create a new DNA. Animals adapt and adaption has been proven. Don't confuse the two.

I imagine that if you tried hard enough you could find an atheist that doesn't believe in evolution but it would be like finding a needle in a haystack....... and I would be interested in what they do believe.

There are probably some. Being an atheist doesn't guarantee being intelligent, educated, or rational.

Personally, I don't know any that do...but it wouldn't surprise me if there are some.

((seals!))

Peace.

I have seen a ridiculously religious person on here that denied that science was real. I don't know how crazy or brainwahsed you people can actually be.

My dog refuses to believe he is descended from wolves. When I try to persuade him otherwise, he just howls.

Very doubtful.