How can we stop benefit scroungers from making the UK into a 3rd World Country?

Being on benefits is a "Lifestyle choice" for many MILLIONS of people in the UK. Rather than a "Safety net" which it was intended for.

If the UK is not careful it will end up a 3rd World country like Brazil etc.

My question is this...What can we do and have can we stop benefit scroungers from ruining this country.

People should NEVER be better off by not working! It is wrong and unfair on many levels.

You have got people who are working every hour god sends just to keep this sh1t together and they get the sh1tTy end of the stick???? How am I being ignorant????? (4th answer down)

2nd answer down...There are around 500,000 jobs in the UK that are vacant. The top and bottom of it is...They are minimum wage jobs that people refuse to take because they will be worse off than they are on VERY generous benefits.

• ?

make people do voluntary work for their benefits ie cleaning graffiti, sorting out oap's gardens, street cleaning, sorting out recycling for the council at the dump etc

Also, don't give single mums a flat, put them all in specific single mum's hostel which provides the basic needs for them and their child until the mum can work to support herself and child with some help from the council or her family can support her.

Ban ALL foreigners who haven't paid at least 5 years of tax through having a job from getting any benefits and if their on the streets then put them in a compound where the have a choice of going to their native land or rot in the compound living on cheap vegetarian food and rock bottom human rights requirements catered for. Anybody who doesn't comply, prison.

• Robin

It is far easier to blame the victims of the stupid broken welfare system than those in power who abuse the system we have to line their own pockets. Stop following the stupid media hype like puppets and start thinking for yourself. The problem is with the bankers and politicians, big business who use ordinary people as 'human resources' when they want to save money they dump them, when they want to make more they employ them, part time with no security. No one really wants to be jobless... some may want to be at home with their family more, or pursue other interests, but if they could be paid for doing those things, don't you think they would jump at the chance?

The benefit system is a monster...having worked without a break for almost 30 years and been made redundant...I couldn't get anything...after driving taxis and doing agency work for nearly 3 years, I might be lucky to get £25 a week. And I have been paying in...for all those years...so I could get help when I need it. Of course some people cheat, if they can, for a while, after all look at the role models those in power offer us... why should we behave any better than them?

yeap people should work thas true, but what about those who husbands, wife's do the off and leave the other to bring up the children alone? those who are ill, disabled.

I work and i have two children , their father did the off and i get no help from him.

I studied hard and finished a degree in law but i could get a job in that field? No because i wanted Flexible hours and i had family commitments. so now whilst i am studying in a another field, i work as a Cleaner cursing the day i decided to study law. I am worse off now in my job whilst, people i know benefits are doing better than me.

So why would anyone in there rite mind take a job that is going to make them worse off?? if i had know maybe i wouldn't have.

GOVERNMENT needs to sort it out and make work pay for everyone and employers need to understand that Flexible hours do work!! If that could be sorted out then i believe more people would be working

You need to do your homework, benefit payments paid out in this country are the least of our countries debts. Money extorted by white collar workers and the fifthy rich, cost this country a hell of a lot more. I know there are people that need to get off their backside.....but believe me....they are far from this countries problems. And might I add, there are millions not claimed by people that should every year,elderly disabled and ill( the dhss arent allowed to advised you what you need to claim),how pathetic is that!!!

Source(s): Degree in criminology and social policy.

1. Tighten up our immigration policies to insist that anyone coming from a third world country must lodge a bond with the government, returnable only on departure.

2. Repatriate recent immigrants who do not contribute to our society.

3. Educate Brits to realize that welfare payments are a charity for UK citizens, NOT foreigners.

• Rose

I think a good idea would be to put a stop to child benefit for anyone who has more than 3 children.

If you can afford it fine have as many as you want but don't expect the state to pay.

When the world market picks up...

many people have been chucked out of their jobs you know, they have no Choice

edit: where did you get your statistic from? because many people I know without jobs would snap them up, low paid or not.

Send us a couple of quid and I'll tell ya.

How very ignorant you are. Read the news.

pathetic.