Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsTVs · 9 years ago

how to unlock my LCD TV's manual buttons?

every time I press its manual buttons, as in try to change the channel through the TV and not the remote, it says on the screen that the buttons are locked and can't be used.

usually it wouldn't be a problem but now that the remote isn't working, I cant do anything with the TV.

Its Model No. is IT-LCD32TA

I can't find its manual nor did I have luck finding one online.

Thanks....

the manufacturer is ITT

It would be helpful if you say what make it is. I tried looking for information on "IT-LCD32TA" but that wasn't helpful. If it is not a major manufacturer they may not post an on-line manual anyway.

The set probably has a child lock active which prevents toddlers from playing with it. You would need to unlock it from your remote.

If your remote control isn't working you must either fix that (try the battery) or get a new one.

Most "universal" remote controls will operate the majority of television sets from the main manufacturers. If yours is an obscure or very cheap 'brand', or a supermarket own-brand then you may have problems getting a universal remote to work. Check if your tv set is on the list of supported models before you buy a remote control.

• Rich

What BRAND is the TV..?????