hiitsme asked in PetsCats · 9 years ago

is it possible to have a cat ghost?

my cat died the other day, and i keep hearing his bell his voice and i feel like he is still with me... is it possible that he could be here and how do i contact him?

he got hit by a car like our last cat:-(

• Misty

Yes it is possible, I know that for a fact because it has happened to me several times. Not only have I seen them, but the other cats that I have had saw them as well.

Once a good few years ago I moved into a flat that was part of a house with my two cats. After a few days I realised that I was hearing a cat where no cat was. I would hear it walking on the wooden floorboards coming and going; but when I looked I couldn't see a cat. I would immediately go into the other room and see my cats sound asleep on the couch or on a chair.

At first I just thought that it was weird and perhaps my imagination, or even the wooden floorboards settling. Then I saw that my cats were always acting as if there was another cat in the place and a female one to boot. They would look at a spot somewhere and then go out of their way to avoid it, even if it meant climbing over furniture to do so. This went on for a few months and then gradually faded away and the cats started acting normally again.

Then one day my landlord was out in the garden doing some weeding and we got chatting about this that and everything; and in the course of the conversation I asked him if they had ever had a cat. When he said that they had a few threw the years. Then I asked if any of them had ever died in the house? He looked at me cautiously and then confessed that one had gotten locked into one of the rooms one time and had died before it was found. When I asked him if it was a decent sized female; he said that it was, and then asked how did I know? When I told him, he did looked a bit freaked out, but then went on to admit that it did explain a few strange things that had happened. Because we were interrupted then by a phone call, I never did find out what strange things he was referring to.

As for getting in touch with them; well you don't need to do anything special. Whenever you are alone (you don't want to freak others out) and feel that your friend is there just talk to it like you did when it was alive.

Hope this helps.

Quite possible.

Little ghost cat story:

A few years ago my aunts cat was killed by a driver, and on Halloween I saw her. I was walking up to get some candy and I saw this random cat walking down the stairs and then it disappeared! It looked exactly like the one who was killed. So I asked my aunt if she had gotten a new cat, she did but it wasn't outside. She brought it upstairs and showed me. I went back to the car thinking: I saw a freaking ghost O.O

Anyways, I would say more then likely your cat is there.

Some ways you could contact him? Hm, that is a tough one.

Maybe you could try talking out loud to him when you feel his presence. Not in front of people though, they might think you are insane. Like in your bedroom or something. This will sound odd, and I don't know if this will apply too you, but it doesn't hurt to try. My cats were taken from me about a year ago. If I concentrate hard enough I feel like I can talk to them. And it feels like they can talk back.

Quite sorry about your loss :(

I believe in ghosts...some people don't, but I think it IS possible. My neighbor's cat died and she had several experiences that led her to believe that her cat's ghost was still present in her house. Her housemate ran upstairs one day, very frightened, and said that he saw the cat on his bed. The cat was seen many more times after that out of the corner of their eyes. It could also be that you just really miss him and that you are hearing the bell because of the absence of the bell. The only two ways to contact the dead that I know of are through a psychic or OUIJA board. Cats don't speak English-so OUIJA is out. And I wouldn't waste time or money on a psychic that could just be lying to you anyway.

How sad for your loss. It is always hard to lose a beloved pet. If you have a digital recorder, leave it on and go about your routine as if he were still there. You may hear the cat better. I have experienced "ghost" encounters but with humans not cats. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that cats can stay in spirit. I have heard of this before.

I hope your loss becomes easier with time.

Hmmm...considering you were posting about the house being haunted a couple months ago, perhaps it is not related to the cat that died the other day. I am curious....how did he die? I know one of your cats was hit by a car six months ago and died, how did this one die?

edit: two cats within six months killed by a vehicle. I suggest if you take in any more cats you make them an indoor only cat.

Probably your imagining because you miss them a lot. Same thing happened to me when i had my dog, but then my parents forced me to take the dog into the animal shelter. I missed him so much too, turned out I was thinking too much, and the memory just popped into my mind. I'm sorry for your lost.. T___T Even if there is a spirit, probably they missed and loved you so much, and wanted to stay by your side or that they died with regrets. i don't know. well. goodluck!

• Ocimom

Yes its very possible. My first cat (which he and I had a very strong bond) has visited me several times. I've known and felt his presence. He's been gone since early 80's. IMO if you notice or hear him, just talk to him as if he were physically present in the room.

I believe in afterlife for animals and He/She could be talking to you. Do you have another cat or a photo of your passed one? Talking to it might contact your cat.

I think the likely hood of kitty ghost are as likely as human ghost. So, if there is a chance of their being human ghost, then I don't see why there wouldn't be kitty ghost as well. I think the likely hood of ghost are slim in all species though.

If you believe in ghosts (I do) i wouldnt see why theyre wouldnt be cat ghost. They have a spirit just like humans