Do you think it will be possible for someone from a different party to ever again support a president...?

that they did not vote for? So if you are republican, and a democrat got in, would you be able to look beyond party lines? It seems to me that in the past it was a lot easier for people to see past party lines, but now it seems that if you have the wrong party name under yours, that you will see little... show more that they did not vote for? So if you are republican, and a democrat got in, would you be able to look beyond party lines?

It seems to me that in the past it was a lot easier for people to see past party lines, but now it seems that if you have the wrong party name under yours, that you will see little support.

This is not to say Obama or Bush were good or bad presidents, but both seem to have lacked the other party's support. Will there come a time with this trend will end?

I'm an independent, I tend to agree with some liberal views, but I can be awful conservative on some issues such as education.