Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

To all Non Muslims, would you ever convert to Islam?

Hi I am a Non-Muslim and I have no inclination to ever become a Muslim. I am happy with my religion and I am proud of it.

The reason I am asking you this question is that I just saw a documentary called Muslim in the family in which 4 Non Muslims converetd to Islam for various reasons and they all seem to be more religius than many Muslims that I know. I was just wondering if there are any more people like them? What is their motivation of giving up their own heritage? So on and so forth.

So what do you think -

Would you ever consider of becoming a Muslim?

If yes then how far would you go to be known as a Muslim, like would you start wearing traditional Muslim dress, think of emigrating to a Muslim country, give up music etc.?

If no, then why would you not choose to convert to Islam?

Please accept my thanks in advance and I hope I haven't offended any one. I am just trying to look at it from a Non-Muslim's point of view.

Regards.

• Nous

Easy to convert to Islam but before anyone thinks of doing so they should consider the penalty for leaving Islam!

Under Sharia law the penalty for converting away from Islam is death!

• No, nothing against Islam at all. I am comfortable and confident as a Buddhist. If I wanted to go back to the "Orthodox" understanding of the God of Abraham I would consider Islam only in that case, but if I leave Buddhism I would probably choose Gnostic Christianity or Hinduism. Once again I think Islam is fine it is just not my cup of tea.

You don't have to give up your "heritage" to become a Muslim. You can be fully Western and fully Muslim. There is no traditional Muslim dress. Islam is not a culture; it harbors all cultures.

I, personally, never would convert to Islam simply because I am satisfied and happy with my own religion and belief system as it stands.

It's the bloodiest religion on earth and it's 100% sexist so no I would never convert

No. In my opinion Islam is sexist, so I would never convert.

I hope you read Al-Quran

www.quran.com