Ungrateful Brother What Can I Do?

Hey guys,

So here’s the situation, my brother can be cool at time and other time can seem extremely ungrateful. Recently my brother was in the market to buy a car, but with his job and his bills it would take a very long time to put a down payment. To help him out, I gave him $1200. I told him don’t worry about paying me back. Consider it a birthday gift. After he got his car, he wanted to customize his car. But because of his job and his bills. It was going to take a long time to buy what he wanted. So I contacted my hook up and got him a great deal on the parts he wanted. Afterward I told him to help him out, I’ll give him $300 to buy the parts. So after speaking with my hook-up, I go to tell him the plan, he goes off on me and says that his busy and yells at me. I’m like WTF, I’m just trying to help. It wouldn’t be a big deal if he just calmly tell me that his busy and if we can talk later, but seriously yelling at me??? WTF. I mean also my contact going out of his way to stay late at work to get him a good deal, but had asked that we come today and my brother goes, “wtf why does it have to be today, I’m going to be tired after work”. I’m like wtf is your problem, everyone trying to help you out and your coming off as an ungrateful idiots. Why the hell is he so ungrateful and what can I do to help him change?

Let me know guys.

Thanks.

Yeah I think your right Rich. Maybe should cut him off until he starts to appreciate the stuff I'm doing for him. I understand he's stress cause of work, but I go through a lot of stress at work too and still contain myself to not go off on people. Especially people that I know that's trying to help.

• Rose

You can't change him, he takes advantage of you all because you let him, stop giving him stuff.

I find that the people we treat the worst are our friends and family. Probably, because we know in the back of our minds that they will still love us even though we vent on them. I think your brother is not ungrateful but expressing some of the pressure and stress he is feeling at the moment that you called. All he can see right then is his problems from his point of view. He is not thinking of the time and work you put into earning the money that you gave to him or the efforts you continue to put into his car issue.

OK, now with that said, that does not mean he can **** on you or talk to you that way jsut because he knows you will take it. I suggest you let him know that he needs to cool it on how he vents his stress on you and you are there to help but not be attacked. If that does not work then shut off the money and when he comes to you for the next problem he is having then he will be more likely to listen and take to heart the fact the you are do not like being spoken to this way.

• ng

you could desire to envision it from some diverse perceptions. permit's start up with how previous is he? If he's youthful than you, he doen't understand the way of asking and information yet. Is he older than you? if so he's finding to make you his slave. the different possibility is which you do it for him as quickly as, and then lower back, he's acquainted with you will do it no depend what. i prefer to advise some issues. One, attempt telling him, as quickly as is sufficient. staying power is the distinctive function, if he can no longer wait, then he desires to verify to be extra affected person. in case you're youthful sufficient and nevertheless stay at domicile, communicate on your mom or dad. If all else fails, forget approximately him, to no longer be advise, yet to instruct him as employing this as a proactive studying mechinism to instruct that staying power is fundamental! sturdy success!

Give him pink eye.

Source(s): Works every time.

beat him

that'll teach him

tell him he is ungrateful