Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 10 years ago

One God - One Source are Muslims Deviating according to Allah?

Our Almighty Creator commands that QURAN, specifically QURAN, SHALL BE THE ONLY SOURCE of religious teachings.

Furthermore, we are told that THE ACCEPTANCE OF ANY OTHER SOURCES for religious guidance equals the setting up of OTHER GODS BESIDE GOD:

"Say (O Muhammad), 'Whose testimony is greater?' Say, 'God is the witness between me and you that THIS QURAN was given to me to preach it to you, and to whomever it reaches.' However, you certainly bear witness that you set up other gods beside God (by upholding other sources beside Quran). Say, 'I will never do what you are doing; I disown your idolworship.'" (6:19)

This profound verse, which happens to be verse [19] of Sura 6, enjoins the believers from upholding or following ANY OTHER SOURCE BESIDE QURAN, and that doing this is equivalent to the setting up of other gods beside God.

ONE GOD / ONE SOURCE

In the strictest possible language, we are commanded to uphold Quran, the whole Quran, and nothing but Quran.

Repeatedly, we are commanded to uphold Quran as the ONLY SOURCE OF RELIGIOUS GUIDANCE.

Again and again, we are reminded that the following of ANY OTHER SOURCE BESIDE QURAN EQUALS THE SETTING UP OF OTHER GODS BESIDE GOD.

Verses 22 through 38 of Sura 17 represent some of the most important commandments in Quran. Immediately following these verses we find the verse shown below:

"This is some of the wisdom revealed to you (in this Quran), and YOU SHALL NOT SET UP ANY OTHER GOD BESIDE GOD (by following any other source beside Quran). Otherwise, you will be thrown into hell, blamed and debased." (17:39)

Despite all these clear commandments and extremely strict injunctions, why do the followers of Hadith & Sunna fail to uphold the Quran alone?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • BPK
    Lv 6
    10 years ago
    Favourite answer

It is good that people deviated from the teachings of the Quran. That is why majority of the muslims are good and peaceful. Imagine the violence in the world if muslims were to follow the Quran.

• 10 years ago

It is very unfortunate that the Muslim Ummah has split. You have one side that says that the hadith are on the same exact level of the Quran and you have people who say that you shouldn't follow any hadith at all! It is indeed very sad and illogical for someone to reject the hadith of the Glorious Prophet. I am not intending to write a lengthy article on the subject. I have done extensive research throughout the internet and visited several websites to gather the best arguments against the Quran Only Muslims and combined them together. What I am simply presenting are the links to those sites and some little additional information from my self. This is for Muslims who are debating with the Quran Only sect. You would find the information provided in this article to be very helpful and useful Inshallah.

Some Questions to Ask the Quran Only People

How do you know how to pray using the Quran alone?

How do you know how much Zakaah to pay using the Quran alone?

Hadn't the Quran been reached to us from the same sources we received our authentic hadith?

Why would Allah preserve the Quran and not preserve the meaning?

How much is the Jizyah that the People of the Book have to pay?

Does the Quran say that cross dressing is haram?

The Quran says that men could beat up their wives. But we know according to hadith that this is a spiritual beating and not a harmful physical. What is to stop a man from misinterpreting the Quran and beating the hell out of his wife?

Is it permissible for a man to look at a naked man?

an I pray Salaah naked?

How do we know the order of the alcohol revelations? Maybe the first of the Quranic revelations said it was haram and then the later ones came saying that is was okay except during prayer times. How do you know the order of its revelations by using the Quran alone?

It says in the Quran to shorten the prayer when you travel. How long do you have to travel? How short to cut the prayer?

In Surah 66:3, the Prophet told his wives that he knew because Allah had informed him about it. Show me a Quranic verse where Allah had informed the Prophet about it. You cannot. Does this not prove that there are revelations to Prophet Muhammad besides the Quran?

Surah 2:173 shows that Allah (swt) gave an order for the Muslims to change their Qibla from (Bayt Al Maqdis in Jerusalem) to the Kabah in Mecca. However, there is no Quranic verse that shows the first order that Allah gave to make the Qibla towards Jerusalem. Does this not prove that there are revelations to Prophet Muhammad besides the Quran?

The Quran is passed on to us by Mutawattir narrations. Mutawattir narrations are narrations by so many people that it is just impossible for all of them to get together and plot and lie. However, we have so many Mutawattir hadith List of Mutawatir hadith http://hadith.al-islam.com/bayan/Index.asp?Lang=EN... that teach things that are not in the Quran. How can you reject their authenticity with no objective evidence?

Source(s): http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/viewtopic.ph... http://www.answering-christianity.com/refutation_t... Combat Kit To Use Against the "Quran Only" Muslims @asker: talk to us! understand the significant of hadith! ISLAM scriptures = QURAN and HADITH
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

I think we need to separate between the dimension of IDEOLOGY and PRACTICE. Traditional Muslims have taken another source against the will of Allah as per the Quran. Have they DEVIATED? We can't say that on the practical level although we believe so on the ideological level.

Traditional Muslims do good things as Roxie quoted 17/22-38. God will not let their efforts go to waste, inshaa Allah.

www.quranists.net

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

You failed to mention that Quran tells Muslims not to follow Disbelievers SUCH AS YOURSELF.

So don't go saying "Our Almighty Creator commands that QURAN" when you neither believe in Allah or the Quran.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

The Quran tells us to obey the Messenger(saw) = Follow the Sunnah (Hadiths)

"Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger, and beware (of evil): if ye do turn back, know ye that it is Our Messenger’s duty to proclaim (the Message) in the clearest manner." (5: 92)

O ye who believe! obey Allah, and obey the Messenger, and those charged with authority among you. If ye differ in anything among yourselves, refer it to Allah and His Messenger, if ye do believe in Allah and the Last Day: that is best, and most suitable for final determination. (4: 59).

Say: “Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger: but if ye turn away, he is only responsible for the duty placed on him and ye for that placed on you. If ye obey him, ye shall be on right guidance.(24: 54).

• 10 years ago

I told you man, Muslims left the quran and went for sections....salafi./sunni/shi'i/ahmaddi/sofi/wahabi/baha'i....like christians...protestant orthodox catholic...etc...

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.