How come Liberals dont want Christian prayers in school but have no problem with Islamic Schools in America?

Why do Liberals say: "Religion shouldn't be taught in Schools" but then they have no problem with Islamic Schools in America teaching kids to pray to Allah?

Why isn't the ALCU trying to shut down these institutions for not separating Church and State?

The Islamic School League of America says:

"The Islamic Schools League of America envisions and works towards the day when Islamic schools will be the preferred centers for learning"

SOURCE: http://www.theisla.org/

Can you imagine if our Christian Schools had that mission?! Liberals would say they are indoctrinating kids!

Liberals think that Islam is nothing to worry about and that what has happened to 47 other countries will somehow not happen to us, even as we let it happen, even as some people point out that it's happening... they seem to think that America is just some magical place where nothing bad will ever happen unless 'The Man' (the white, straight, Christian, conservative man) is responsible. And as for Islam, ensconced in this vision of "perfectly safe America where all we have to worry about is 'The Man'", they feel they can pretend that Islam is just a harmless fuzzy bunny. After all, it will never be able to touch them or their loved ones. As for 9/11, oh, that was 'The Man' putting us on. Muslims had nothing to do with it.

Anyway, as for the ACLU, I actually asked a couple of them if they had any cases they'd ever taken defending separation of church and state from Muslims and they responded "Don't you mean 'Muslim Americans' ?" and that was it. A lesson in PC and no list. Not one single case. No surprise then that the ACLU and CAIR seem to be such good buddies.

Me ? I was a liberal for @ 37 years and then I watched this Pat Condel video. I was fond of his outspoken atheist stance. But then he said something that my liberal sensibilities (gullibilities) didn't like. He said that there was some kind of problem with Islam. Problem with Islam ?!?! No way! So I went in search of a way to continue thinking that Islam was just a harmless fuzzy bunny. Turns out there is a way but that way is to ignore reality. If I could ignore reality, I'd be a Christian, have a nice Christian wife with big t!ts and freckles. Have a couple of rug rats running around.

But I can't ignore reality. So I no longer call myself a 'liberal' since, apparently, being a 'liberal' means turning a blind eye to the horrors of Islam and in doing so, betraying just about every decent thing liberals ever stood for.

Think of a food you dislike. Now, is it okay to have it on the menu at a restaurant? Of course. Is it okay for it to be served in your home if you're the only one eating? Ditto for horrible perfume/cologne for sale vs. someone wearing it in your home. On one hand, you can CHOOSE those things, CHOOSE to enter an islamic school. On the other hand, you have children of multiple different religions being taught . . . WHICH religion? Teach them all? That's a personal choice, selected by family when you're young, and later chosen to accept or reject later. What's wrong with that mission statement? They're saying they believe they're the best, and they want everyone else to believe that too. They believe their religion is right, and want everyone else to think that too. Christianity has always condemned everyone to hell for being unbelievers, so I'm not sure where the difference lies. I'm personally not fooled by muslims, but on the surface, there's nothing wrong with any of what you're complaining about. This country was founded partially by atheists and socialists, who ran away from a country that tried to force everyone to be all the same religion, so they came here to make sure everyone has the choice, and it will never be choked down anyone's throat.

We don't protest prayer in Catholic schools either. Same thing.

Your Christian schools do have that mission. We leave you to it. Just keep your prayers - Christian or Muslim or whatever - out of public schools.

Lol...really?

Christian prayers (or any religious dogma) should be kept out of PUBLIC schools.

That doesn't mean you can't have a Christian school. (there are a sh*tload of Catholic schools in America).

Islamic schools are separate from public schools.

Stop pissin' and moanin'

Source(s): Rationality

Uh, I'm not aware of any liberals who are saying you can't pray in a Christian school.

They're only saying in PUBLIC schools funded by tax dollars, there should be no endorsement of any religion, including prayers led by teachers or other adults. That includes Muslim prayers.

Besides, lots of liberals are also Christians, you know. They're not ALL Godless heathens!

• Effy

Urm hai.

Well, I'd say that liberals just do not want religion forced upon kids in public schools. If it's a private school, do whatever the hell you want...that goes for both Christian and Muslims, just keep your sh*t out of my public school. Thanks :)

NEWS FLASH: There are christian schools in America. I'm more concerned with the laws driven by christians based on their belief in the bible and god.

No prayer in public schools, not no private religious schools. There's a big difference. No one is trying to ban private Christian schools.

Moron.

• neil s

These aren't public schools. There are *many* Christian oriented private schools.

Your claim about liberals having no issue with this requires evidence as well.

I'm fine with them as long as the schools are private. It's the public schools that can't have prayer.