Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 9 years ago

How can i hide new self harm cuts, without a jumper or long sleeves????!!!!????help me please????!!!!!?????!!!?

I have a self harm cut, that is red and new. How can I hide it WITHOUT long sleeves, and make up isn't really working. It is in-between my elbow and my hand and is fairly big. I need to cover it because I am going to my friends house for a party and only my best friend knows I self harm, and no on else can know??? Please help me quick!!???

silly bands! watches, bracelets, hair ties. tell them you're trying to build muscle on your left arm to make it as strong as your right arm so thats why your arm is full of bracelets!

• Jaye

Well you've had a hard time - which is nothing to be ashamed of. I have scars which I dont hide now because they're not that noticeable. But you CAN see them...and to be honest, i dont care if people see them. THere's nothing wrong with being upset or depressed. You haven't done anything wrong. SO why try to hide them all the time? If you do want to hide them, and you will have to at times, just wear long sleeves, there's no other solution.

If you broke the skin you should try bracelets or band-aids. You can just say it was an accident, you fell or hit a counter or whatever.

If you didn't try to get rid of the mark. I use lotions, salt, sunscreen, pretty much whatever I can get my hands on. Then cover that with makeup. Sometimes I will still use the above methods and excuses.

Good luck!

I guess wearing long sleeves is the only solution you've got that doesn't require explainations (ie:cast or gloves, I mean, who wears long gloves for a normal house party??) why were you cutting yourself anyway? Are you in some kind of depression or emotional troubles? Please seek help. It's really not healthy, and I'm judging that you are still fairly young. You've still got life ahead of you. :( whatever your problem is, I'm sure it can be solved. Stay safe. :)

If you shop at hot topic or spencers you could use some arm warmers. I think that's what they are called. They are like leggings for your arms. lol

• OhHey

I wear thick rubber braclets but mine done go very far up my arm

mittens... gloves, cst (you can say you broke your arm). other than that I don't know how to help you

i have a solution thats guaranteed to work. QUIT CUTTING YOURSELF. wtf man.