? asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 9 years ago

Why did Hannibal Rising get such bad reviews?

I thought it was a pretty decent movie. I just got done watching it because I haven't seen it in a while. So, afterward I took a little trip to Wikipedia and visited the Hannibal Lector page and it said both the book and the movie got bad reviews. I know it isn't because of the distaste in subject matter, because the ones with Anthony Hopkins got great reviews. I dunnow, Weird.

The dynamic changed a lot in Hannibal rising, he went from being a serial killer in the other films to being sort of like a grim action hero in this one, it was pretty lame, I didn't like it at all. He like rushed in to save his girl friend from ex-Nazi/ex-soviet sex slave traders on his motorcycle, that was a pretty corn-ball moment, like something out of a Keanu Reeves movie.

• Aaron

Weird, yeah. Hannibal Rising is the only one I've seen, but I thought it was ok.

Maybe it just didn't have enough of a story arc, or each event (except the beginning obviously) didn't affect the story much? I bet it was something like that. At least, that's what I felt about it.

Maybe it's because Hopkins was not in the movie. As for the book, I do not know. I have yet to read it.

If you dont watch whole series from 1st movie to last it doesnt make sense and u have to watch them in order

Source(s): My movie fanatic of a son =)

The acting was terrible.