Christians, would praying for a sick animal, help heal it?

My cat has conjunctivitis in her left eye, and a large bump on her cheek bone. (My brother didn't see her, and he tripped over her).

Last night when I got home from youth group, I could still really feel the presence of God, more than I normally would. My cat was sleeping on the chair in my room, her eye looking really bad.

Well, I prayed for her. He let me touch the area around her eye, even though she'd usually turn her head because of the pain.

Would praying have helped her? I checked on her this morning, and it's gone down a little bit.

Serious answers please, and only Christians (:

@Bipley, I'm not trying to state the obvious but, it's Easter weekend, and the Vet is closed.

@Robert, nope, I'm just getting sick of people who don't believe in God to comment and say 'stupid' things. I'm a strong believer of God, what Athiests say won't do anything to bring me down.

Take her to the vet,there is medication for conjunctivitis,and it will clear it up right away as well. As this does not go away on it's own,or just on prayers alone,it will get worse. It is not serious when treated,and as I said the med,will clear it up right away as I have know cats that had it,and received and now are fine. He will also look at the bump. God loves you and your cat,and that is what is needed for her right now. So please take her in as soon as possible,and she will be fine. That being said in the future be sure your brother is more aware and more careful,it I know was an accident,that's why more care and awareness is needed to avoid injury to ourselves and others. God Bless and hope she is well real soon!

1

Source(s): Reiki Self Treatment http://enle.info/ReikiHealingMaster

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Last night when I got home from youth group, I could still really feel the presence of God, more than I normally would. My cat was sleeping on the chair in my...

Source(s): christians praying sick animal heal it: https://tr.im/Y5o6q

Yes, of course by praying that would help heal your cat. I'm not saying that by praying BAM God will automatically answer your prayers right then but keep praying for sure. I'll say a prayer for your cat as well. Have a wonderful Easter!

My dog got sick one day and was getting worse, not better by the next day, so I took her to a local veterinarian who diagnosed rat poison had been eaten from some unknown source and he didn't offer much hope for her, but he saw how much I cared for her, so he offered to give it a try to save her. I really prayed over this situation almost continuously (so to speak, by keeping her on my mind with a prayer). By the next day, she was improving and at the end of a couple of days, she was well. Did prayer help her, or me? I'll leave it up to you to decide. God bless.

• Nanc

Praying for another helps when they want the same thing. What you felt after your group is your spirit being in alignment. When you are in alignment with your spirit you can do much more than when you are not. You sent energy to the cat through you hands and thoughts. It's actually called Reiki. Sounds like Ray-key. The name comes from Universal Life Force in Japanese. Jesus was the ultimate Reiki Master.

The cat must have accepted it. Good job.

There are herbs that can help the cat. Eyebright may be one that can be found at any herb shop.

• Robert

Praying for the health of another (who is not aware of the prayer) is exactly as effective as not praying.

The placebo effect of prayer requires the ill person to be aware of the prayer, AND for the ill person to believe the prayer does anything.

And asking that ONLY christians to answer is limiting your responses to only those people who would agree with you.

So you are not really asking a question. You are looking for emotional support.

• A Guy

I went to look it up, and it seems you could catch it from your cat:

http://www.vetinfo.com/cat-pink-eye-contagious.htm...

You might be able to find an antibiotic ointment at a big-box pet or livestock supply store. If it is going down, that is a good sign, but you might at least mention it on her next trip to the Vet. for any other reason. You could also wash your hands after touching, to prevent getting it from your cat.

Any act of comfort for both human and our animals help them feel better and sometimes a chemical effect occurs that can help healing. You really should bring your animal to a vet.

I'm not christian. Im an agnostic athiest but if praying helps and god is real then sure. Pray all you want. Hope ur kitty gets better:)