Christians, would praying for a sick animal, help heal it?

My cat has conjunctivitis in her left eye, and a large bump on her cheek bone. (My brother didn't see her, and he tripped over her). Last night when I got home from youth group, I could still really feel the presence of God, more than I normally would. My cat was sleeping on the chair in my room, her eye... show more My cat has conjunctivitis in her left eye, and a large bump on her cheek bone. (My brother didn't see her, and he tripped over her).
Last night when I got home from youth group, I could still really feel the presence of God, more than I normally would. My cat was sleeping on the chair in my room, her eye looking really bad.
Well, I prayed for her. He let me touch the area around her eye, even though she'd usually turn her head because of the pain.
Would praying have helped her? I checked on her this morning, and it's gone down a little bit.
Serious answers please, and only Christians (:
Update: @Bipley, I'm not trying to state the obvious but, it's Easter weekend, and the Vet is closed.
Update 2: @Robert, nope, I'm just getting sick of people who don't believe in God to comment and say 'stupid' things. I'm a strong believer of God, what Athiests say won't do anything to bring me down.