UC Davis or UC San Diego?

I currently have a major dilemma. I was accepted to both schools and I simply can't decide where I should go! My major is economics. They are providing me with the same amount of financial aid. The main difference is location. UC Davis is only an hour away, whereas UC San Diego is 10 hours away (by car). I... show more I currently have a major dilemma. I was accepted to both schools and I simply can't decide where I should go!

My major is economics. They are providing me with the same amount of financial aid. The main difference is location. UC Davis is only an hour away, whereas UC San Diego is 10 hours away (by car). I realize that UC San Diego is more well known for their economics program and is regarded as a tougher school, so would I have less job prospects if I chose Davis over San Diego?

Also, I have not been able to visit UCSD's campus due to the sheer distance and costs it would take to go there, spend the night, drive back 10 hours; my parents don't have time for it. I have visited UC Davis's campus and liked it.

To sum it up:
Davis: closer to home, pretty good school, nice campus
San Diego: arguably better academics for my major, good location (but I haven't visited the campus), but fairly far away, probably more job prospects after graduation, somewhat more "prestige"

Can anyone offer some insight? If you've ever had a similar dilemma (doesn't even have to be with UCs), please lend me a hand here!