What do former or serving US soldiers, airmen and marines, think of the British army?

I know I can't exactly poll every single member!

But I ask because I was reading a couple of old articles in which both, a US Marine officer, and a State Department advisor criticised British soldiers, and tactics in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Thanks

@ bravo "Royal Army?" lmfao.

brains must be missing here!!

I like trolls who at least put some effort into their trolling, though you sir fail. Come on, who thinks the British armed forces are called the "Royal Army"?

Can't realy speak for the American service personel, but thanks to the ones that answered, I think that the answers were positive. Had some good times with the Yanks and Canadians. The most famous quote for the British army was, Lions led by Donkeys. I believe it was Rommell who said, Give me American money British troops & German officers & we can rule the world.

Bravo if you can't do your short training, you sure as hell couldn't do the Royal Marines or any British Commando course. EX 29 regt. Plymouth.

Source(s): 14 yrs British Army Cyprus, Libya (not far from Weelers Air base USAF) Kuwait, Aden,Kenya,Germany, those NATO exersises were a laugh. Good luck to ALL the squaddies wherever they come from.

U.S Military vets or active duty like the british because theyre hard working and kinda like us. Alot of my family has been in the military and I havent heard anything bad about the brits.

They may not be the smartest, but man do they know how to party!!! Not to mention, they are probably the funniest group of people I have ever met and probably the nicest too!

Source(s): SSgt USAF

They are about the only NATO troops worth a damn. Just not enough of them.

Royal Marines - 32 weeks

U.S. Marines (13 weeks)

18 weeks longer than our U.S. Marines

YET WE'D STILL KICK THEIR ***.

*******************************************************************

Royal Army - 24 weeks

U.S. Army - 10 weeks

YET WE'D STILL KICK THEIR ***.

********************************************************************

brains must be missing here!!

ED: Are you mad? Why? Because we'd still kick your ***?

ED 2: America has enough power to call you whatever we choose.

P.S. Does Troll mean that America is in CONTROL?

they should keep their mouths shut and let the Commanders handle it