Should I not let my wife go the school baking competition?

My wife is the most excellent cook in the whole wide universe, her fairy cakes leave nothing to be desired, and she therefore takes part in the school baking competition annually and is a popular and respected competitor. I am a very successful and respected member of our community and our families pride is very... show more My wife is the most excellent cook in the whole wide universe, her fairy cakes leave nothing to be desired, and she therefore takes part in the school baking competition annually and is a popular and respected competitor. I am a very successful and respected member of our community and our families pride is very important to me and our 5 children who attend the school, however this year my wife has gained a lot of weight, putting on almost 1 and a half stone in the last year, which is a bad influence on our children, which I have had words with her about, and I feel it may be embarrassing for the children to have a fat mother. I have let her know it will be embarrassing for them, and have offered to take her out for a meal instead, shall I insist she shouldn't go?
16 answers 16