How long should he wait to propose?

We started dating exactly 2 months and a week ago. He's 22, and I'm 21. He's roughly the 77th person I've dated, and the 7th I've had sexual relations with, and sadly (and happily) he's the only guy I've been with that treats me right at all. I admit I'm a bit possessive, but he is... show more We started dating exactly 2 months and a week ago. He's 22, and I'm 21. He's roughly the 77th person I've dated, and the 7th I've had sexual relations with, and sadly (and happily) he's the only guy I've been with that treats me right at all. I admit I'm a bit possessive, but he is too. Were very similar, but at the same time we have quite a few different tastes. He loves mushrooms and sardines, while I love bell peppers and tuna, but we both love pasta. He likes the Beatles and Bob Dylan, and I like Elvis and Christina Peri, but we both love Johnny Cash. He likes Mortal Kombat and Borderlands, and I like The Sims and Kingdom hearts, but we both love Grand Theft Auto. And so on in that fashion.

He wants to wait to propose, which of course is perfectly fine, we fight every so often about little things. Mostly because one of us wasn't being honest about our feelings and so on. I think we've pretty much established that there are no secrets and no holding back on how we voice our distaste for something. Which I simply love about this relationship, its very open. So I wonder, how long SHOULD he wait to propose? He wants to wait roughly three years. I'm not getting any younger or thinner, and as it was I never imagined myself getting married. To be honest, I was engaged three times before, and all three times I was left for someone else. So I lived for years just accepting the fact that I'd probably never get married, until he came along. I don't want to seem pushy, but at the same time, I don't want to let this good thing I have with him fade before he gets the chance to ask.

So, could someone tell me how long is too long? How long is too short? And how long would it be "just right"?
Update: Ok, I noticed a lot of you think that I was the one that originally brought up marriage. Of course the way I worded it, did make it sound that way. But rest assured, when I started dating him I was still pretty sure I wasn't ever going to get married, but HE was the one that brought up the fact that he wanted to... show more Ok, I noticed a lot of you think that I was the one that originally brought up marriage. Of course the way I worded it, did make it sound that way. But rest assured, when I started dating him I was still pretty sure I wasn't ever going to get married, but HE was the one that brought up the fact that he wanted to marry me some day. It kind of turned me on to the idea, which then brought me to ask this question just to see if his idea of how long it should be was correct. I'm an extremely logical person, I need facts before anyone decides anything, which also makes me very controlling.

In any case, to the person who told me to go to college, I did. Got my Associates in Arts, I live in my own apartment, paying my own bills, I own my own car granted it's a beaten up little clunker but it gets me from point A to point B and fills up from empty with $25. I've known what I've wanted to be as a person since I was 8. You could say planning ahead is my specialty.

To others that are telling me
Update 2: .... I'll scare him away, I'm not the one that brought up marriage, again he just turned me on to the aspect. The person that mentioned something about me being 21 and all my statistics and me being naughty? That didn't help. AT ALL. So I'd appreciate it if you could please counsel the right girl who's pregnant at... show more .... I'll scare him away, I'm not the one that brought up marriage, again he just turned me on to the aspect. The person that mentioned something about me being 21 and all my statistics and me being naughty? That didn't help. AT ALL. So I'd appreciate it if you could please counsel the right girl who's pregnant at 17 and stop not helping my simple question here.

I don't mean to sound irritable, but most of these answers are just bashing me.

Oh, and yes. I've thought about marriage since I could draw a woman in a beautiful white gown properly with great detail. That was roughly 7... 8 years old