My French exchange student Please help!?

I have already stayed at her house or a week, and It was really awkward and neither of us knew what to do or say, I went really quiet around her, it was really embarrassing! I really could`t be myself...She is coming round my house soon, and I don't want it to be the same again! What can I talk about to her, any ideas on things to do or ways to break the ice? Thanks :)

I would take her places! Go to the zoo, the mall, the movies, the park, give her a tour of your school, go see town monuments, have an "american dinner," bake cookies together, go shopping, introduce her to your friends, etc. I went to France last summer to stay with my pen pal (never met her before), and I has WONDERFUL time. I would take her to lots of places, and she will warm up to you. Talk about boys! :) my pen pal and i had tons of fun.

Source(s): love to travel and meet new people. been there.