Should I get rid of my dog? I need opinions.?

I have a Cacapoo(sp?) Part cocker spaniel part poodle who is about 10 years old. The past year or two he's been peeing everywhere around the house so now I have about 4 baby gates. He rips open the garbadge when we forget to lock it up, he gets vicious around the other pets if they go near him, whenever he... show more I have a Cacapoo(sp?) Part cocker spaniel part poodle who is about 10 years old. The past year or two he's been peeing everywhere around the house so now I have about 4 baby gates. He rips open the garbadge when we forget to lock it up, he gets vicious around the other pets if they go near him, whenever he gets the chance he runs into the neighbors yard or into the street, and he is just overall a bad dog.

I also have a golden retriever who is very well mannered and doesn't do any of these things so please don't say it's because we are bad owners.

The peeing is getting ridiculous and I've tried everything I could think of.
I sometime consider giving him up but I don't want to feel guilty about it. I am trapped in my own house by this dog and have run out of ideas.

Any suggestions?