Should I call CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES?

My son(12) has a friend from school that came over to our house for the first time ever last week. I didn't know who he was, but my oldest(15) son came to me and told me that if it's the same kid he was thinking of, then he smells horrible. Turns out, it was. I have never in my life smelled a human that... show more My son(12) has a friend from school that came over to our house for the first time ever last week. I didn't know who he was, but my oldest(15) son came to me and told me that if it's the same kid he was thinking of, then he smells horrible. Turns out, it was. I have never in my life smelled a human that smelled so bad in my life than this kid. I was so put off that I (not rudely) had him go ahead and call his mom to come get him as soon as they were done with their project they were working on. His teeth are all broken off in the front and I think part of the smell is coming from his mouth. Like ever tooth in his head are rotten. I had to back away from him while he was talking. My son met him last year and said he stank then too. My son also told me that he wears the same dirty clothes to school everyday. He's not sure that he bathes or gets clothes washed. My children said that when this child gets on the bus, he covers himself up with coats and sleeps..they can smell him several seats back. When his mother came and picked him up, I was tempted to say something to her, but I was angry when I saw her well dressed and clean looking. It would have turned ugly. Plus, that would have really been awkward. I asked another friend who has a child the same age and class if she knew of this child and his parents. She said yes and agreed that maybe I should contact someone. The school they attend wouldn't do anything, they could care less about any student...so, I have been considering calling DFACS on them. I don't want to be "that" person, but I am legitimately concerned. His mother ought to be ashamed. The house they live in looks very un-kept from the outside, but who really knows what's going on...What would you do?
Update: Add: I really don't want to approach the mother and I want to do so anonymously as to not cause trouble for my children if they knew it was their mother who called. I'm kinda thinking they may know it's me anyway, because I'm not sure how many friends this kid has and actually has went to their house. It's bad. ... show more Add: I really don't want to approach the mother and I want to do so anonymously as to not cause trouble for my children if they knew it was their mother who called. I'm kinda thinking they may know it's me anyway, because I'm not sure how many friends this kid has and actually has went to their house. It's bad. I mean really bad. It's pretty obvious that this child's dental care hasn't been applied whatsoever! I don't know 100% on the rest, but wow.
Update 2: Another ADD: I forgot to add this...my son who goes to school with him, says he wears the same clothes this year as last year. That's not really the concern, because my son has shirts that still fit and he may wear those also, but what does concern me is that it looks like his dad's hand-me-downs that are 10... show more Another ADD: I forgot to add this...my son who goes to school with him, says he wears the same clothes this year as last year. That's not really the concern, because my son has shirts that still fit and he may wear those also, but what does concern me is that it looks like his dad's hand-me-downs that are 10 sizes too big and cut to hell.
Update 3: I live in a rural area. But, the school they attend would do nothing. We just had a 12 year old friend of my son commit suicide last month for being bullied at school and they did nothing. And they deny any bullying was ever going on....so..that ought to say something about the school.
Update 4: AND....he's not a teenager. He was 10-11 when my son met him and is now 12. NEVER would my son have his way and not bathe walking around like that..NO WAY!
Update 5: From my understanding...dad is in the home too. And they both drive newer vehicles. This child's teeth are literally broken off in the front and in serious need of attention. The child is aware that he smells. He has told my son about other kids picking on him because of how he smells. When he was here, it... show more From my understanding...dad is in the home too. And they both drive newer vehicles. This child's teeth are literally broken off in the front and in serious need of attention. The child is aware that he smells. He has told my son about other kids picking on him because of how he smells. When he was here, it didn't smell like B.O...it smelled like something dead. All I can assume is that it is his teeth. His mother was very well dressed and drives a new car. I am a single mother of two and clean houses for a living and drive an old car, BUT my children are always clean and have new clothes and dental care! THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THIS! I go without buying myself clothes and make sure they are taken care of....no matter what.
Update 6: Thanks Dave J. That makes me feel a whole lot better about going ahead and reporting it. I have driven by his home so many times before knowing he lived there and thought, how pitiful the house looks. There is trash and junk piled up all on the outside in the front and back yard. I am thinking maybe this might... show more Thanks Dave J. That makes me feel a whole lot better about going ahead and reporting it. I have driven by his home so many times before knowing he lived there and thought, how pitiful the house looks. There is trash and junk piled up all on the outside in the front and back yard. I am thinking maybe this might be a case of hoarders. I don't know, but that would make sense. My son befriended him regardless of how he is taken care of and thinks he's really cool, but he knows how much he's made fun of and tells me it's hard to stay being his friend because of how he smells. My son doesn't want to hurt his feelings and say anything to him. I really do think I am going to take action. I feel for this kid. And his parents should have to answer for this. I'm sorry, but there is no excuse in this world he should be in the shape he's in.