Long stand joke - What does it mean?

My mates where messing about with me last night about getting a long stand from next door and they couldnt stop laughing. I here this is a well known joke, but I dont understand it. What does it mean?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Best answer

A long stand is an imaginary or impossible task that is given to newbies. Basically a fool's errand xD

• ?
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Long Stand

• 4 years ago

A long stand is a fools errand. You are sent out to ask someone for a long stand the hey go inside and make you wait for a long time. They then come back to say that you have been fooled. :) ;)

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

The way the joke should play out is you go next door, ask for a long stand, and they leave you standing there for a long time.

A variation is a long weight/wait.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • A long stand means a long weight...watch out for the tin of tartan paint.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Typically at a factory or other insitution an apprentice is sent to the supplies counter to ask for a long stand. They oblige by making him wait for ages before telling him he has been fooled.

It also works with long weight.

• 4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axhmo

I read it!!! It took a while....but I read it! :D ^_^ I thought it made for a better story then a joke... I liked it :)

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Basically a fool's errand . They sent you out to do something that you could not complete.

• 9 years ago

I dont agree with jokes, however I dont think its acceptible for people to do it to one person over and over and over again...

• 9 years ago

big feet

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.