What type of places would you view as 'typically British?'?

I am writing a screenplay where the current ending takes place in a big gangster's building, like a skyscraper sort of place. However, as I think about thi is seems to be more of an American place for things to happen so I am thinking about changing the place.

I wondered what other places you would expect to see gangsters grounded in a British setting?

Sorry that the question is not that clear and thank you for any help and suggestions that you can give me :)

A room above a sleazy bar, a restaurant, a strip club, a casino, a racetrack, a betting shop... Gangsters will often have their own legit business as a base and a front for their other activities. But you know, that business could just as easily be based in an office in a tower block in a big city. Look at some pictures of the business areas of London, or take a trip there.

• meat

There are plenty of buildings in downtown London that fit your description. It doesn't have to be a real building, just let the director do his job. You write the story, say it takes place in a skyscraper overlooking the Thames and let it go at that.

Typically, you write what you know. if you're writing about something you don't know it's going to show in your work.

Source(s): I'm a screenwriter.
  • To be honest depends which type of gangster you refer too, is it Working Class, middle Class or Toffee upper class Elite (White collar) society class?. Going by your question all three types would appear in London, especially if your looking to appeal to the Worldwide Audience. Good Luck with your screenplay.

Ireland

Honestly, you should ask this in Yahoo UK. Just look at the bottom of the screen where the little flags are. Click on the British flag, you'll get way better answers.

Behind Argos?

Up the queens A$$ is totally British

Lol in,a,resturant neat the docks chomping on fish and chips and drinking heniken or a cup of tea

probably in a south london estate. (used to live there)

outside a mcdonalds (Yeah, thats popular)

Outside secondary schools for some reason