Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

Question(s) about tarot cards?

I'm a super-duper beginner, I haven't even done any readings yet. I've a deck, but I'm trying to learn all the cards before I do any readings.

Question, though.

I have a book I'm using to learn about the cards (I'm also using learntarot.com), and it says, in a reading, to use the Empress if the question is concerning a woman (or if the individual you're reading for is) and to use the Emperor if the question is concerning a man (or if the individual you're reading for is).

I'd prefer to represent myself with the Page of Cups. I like his description in my book and feel connected to him. Would this affect a reading at all?

And I've decided to just show the emperor and empress cards to whoever I'm reading for and let them pick which one they want to represent them. But I have several transgender friends who would rather be represented by a more androgynous card. What card could I use? Could I make my own for this special purpose, and would it affect the reading if I wasn't using it to represent the questioner?

Sorry, I'm extremely new at this. ^_^;

Any help appreciated!

I think you're talking about the significator. Using a significator at all is a style choice. It is rare that I use a significator at all in my readings unless I'm learning a new spread that specifically calls for one. In the Celtic Cross spread ( a spread I don't use much because Ifind it confusing and unhelpful) the significator is the initial card and I usually chose this at random, just like the rest of the cards. The significator can be chosen at random or can be left out of the reading completely.

Some people chose a significator based on zodiac sign (some of the major arcana are assigned to various signs... for instance, The Chariot is associated with Cancer, Justice with Libra, Strength with Leo etc)

Go with your gut... if you like using a significator and think that the page of cups is your favorite significator, then go with that, but then you're pulling that card out of the deck and so that message is no longer available for other parts of the reading. If you want to use significators the way you're learning them in your books and websites, then use them as instructed strictly until you complete your lessons, then decide how you want to handle it.

Personally, I'm not fond of the use of significators at all and avoid using them or spreads that require them... if I do a spread that needs a significator I choose whatever strikes me as relevant or pick one at random.

-Scarlet

PS: If you're looking for a card that indicates androgyny, then The Fool would be a good choice.

Source(s): tarot reader and enthusiast

If you identify with the Page of Cups, you should use the Page of Cups. The Tarot is all about feeling a connection to the cards to help get more meaning from the reading.

I disagree with the book's notion that everyone should be either The Empress or The Emperor. For example, I would find it very inappropriate to use The Emperor to represent a 5 year old nephew. When choosing the card to represent a person during a reading, typically a court card or Major Arcana is used, but I would leave it up to which card best describes the individual in their current situation.

For example, if I'm about to start a new project that may have some risks, I'll show myself as The Fool. If I feel I'm at a time when I need to do a lot of self-reflection, I may pick The Hermit to represent who I am.

First, let's be clear. Tarot cards are more about excuses for interpretation than they are about any real abilities to predict anything. They are for charlatans, frauds, and people who want to appear to have abilities that they do not really have. I used to use them for entertainment value and because I am a student of the history of card games. The Tarot deck precedes our current 53-card deck - 52 suited cards and one joker. The joker corresponds to the Tarot deck's "The Fool."

Second, to do the cards "by the book" you use the Pages for younger people. The four Emperor and Empress (suited) cards each have a preferred description. If I recall correctly, the royalty in the suit of cudgels is always dark-haired but light-eyed.

• JStrat

Tarot cards can tell any human drama, but they need willing participants... in other words, they are not magic. If you feel connected to a card, use it. If your friends want a different card to represent them, pick one that seems more appropriate. The only wrong way to do it is to pretend the cards are something they're not.

• most

the in reality element which could grant you with faulty readings - is you. You, your studies and your concept structures are going to electrify your interpretations. So, if you're terrified of giving faulty readings, you likely are giving faulty readings. per chance you may attempt to artwork with something that ought to help you grow to be a larger, more suitable compassionate individual? Ever tried doing a commonly used devotional? As an aside, the playing cards are interpretations of christian doctrine that were outlawed by potential of the pope in the course of the darkish a lengthy time period. that's no longer the playing cards themselves that are "evil" notwithstanding the charm of "any wide-spread spirit coming by potential of". in case you education an artwork of divination, that is those spirits which could be influencing you or the draw and attaching itself/themselves to you. next element you recognize, your behaviour transformations and your individuals note. Please supply up. do not enable the nightmare initiate.

it takes time, just keep learning

you really shouldn't have others interpreting the cards for you, that's not how it works

you have to get an understanding yourself

FAIL. Try reading up on number theory instead.

Your a tarot card.

,