SP1 asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 9 years ago

Which is the Best Washing Machine to buy?

• Mea

I always used to buy Bosch products but last year my washing machine broke down and we could not afford to replace it with a Bosch because it was way too expensive so i went for a BEKO it is a cheaper make but i must say that it has not let us down since we got it it's on2 or 3 times a day.Go on to Comet or Curry's websites and read the reviews on the machines or on to the manufacturers online reviews

I recommend BEKO. I had my last BEKO machine for 6 years and it was used constantly by a family of 4. I had no problems with it at all - in the end it was the motor that went, this could have easily been replaced but I'd had my eye on an 8kg machine for a while. My other BEKO appliances have never broke down and they too are 6 years old (all bought together when I got my first house). My new machine is also a BEKO and I just love the fact that it can wash a double duvet, but can still fit into the hole under the counter. I'm off to get a BEKO dryer as my last White Knight one has broke after 4 1/2 years...

Here again it depends on what your needs are as to what is best. The different types of washers out there are all very different from each other. These are the following types available:

High Efficiency Top Loader

High Efficiency Front Loader

Low Efficiency Top Loader with center post agitator

If you have a family of five and constantly have large loads of laundry to do, I would get a front loader as these can hold a lot more items per load. High Efficiency top loaders get a lot of complaints (e.g. Kenmore oasis, but others like the LG Waveforce get high marks)

If you're a bachelor and rarely do laundry, what sense would it be to shell out thousands for a high efficiency machine? A regular one would do fine.

If you're short on space, a stackable or portable might be in order or low cubic foot machine will serve you better

Here in the USA the popular brands are Kenmore, Whirlpool, Bosch, Fisher and Paykel, Electrolux, Frigidaire, GE, etc.

After having many washing machines over the years, all of which have "given up the ghost" after various periods, I have now plumped for the machine which gave me the longest warranty period. This was a Miele with a 10-year warranty. It will probably see me out.

Do not buy one with only a 12-month warranty, as you can bet that it will break down shortly after that.

Do not use Calgon, or any other similar product, just put the money you would have spent on it away for your next washing machine.

Good luck

No offence, but I would never buy Beko products. When it comes to washing machines I would only buy Hotpoint as they are reliable and affordable. If you look around - comets, currys, dixons, argos, homebase etc you can find some decent washing machines including washer dryers and at reasonable prices. Other than Hotpoint, Creda is ok (it's owned by Hotpoint), and Zanussi and Whirlpool are good brands.

• GOD

I agree with Richard D (I am a poet) a Miele is probably the best choice but they are a bit expensive, I have had a variety of machines over the years and all have lasted at least eight years each or more so I am either very lucky or there is not much to choose between them, I have a Bosch at the moment, it is three years old and I have had no problems so far, the previous one was a Zanussi and that lasted for ten years, my Indeset lasted for eight years.

The best kind of washing machine is the one that you can afford, I bought a candy back in 1986 whilst living in Germany and i am still using it today and it cost me about £90 back then. I have only changed the door seal on two occasions and one plug fuse.

Get a top-loading washing machine they are very good

I suggest you to buy Haier XQS50-888.In my house,we also use this one and it works well.Most of its capacity for 5.0 kilograms,it can satisfy the needs of the average family.It also can save 50% water and 50% time than others. Since everyone's needs were different,you have better to search some information online to compare and then choose the one you need.

I don't use all the extras - so I buy the most simple machine I can and that suits me. Terri Jo Lorz

Source(s): Terri Jo Lorz