promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Newt Gingrich said the U.S. could become “a secular atheist country," dominated by "radical Islamists . . ."?

Does he understand that words have meanings and you cannot just string them together in any way you like and still have them make sense? This is obviously a fear tactic, but he couldn't just stick to one, he had to combine two mutually exclusive possibilities for maximum impact.

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/03/28/gingrich-...

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Jay
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favourite answer

Yes, that struck me as a bit odd. You cannot have a secular atheist country dominated by the most radical religious people in the world.

But, what's scary, is that many people agree with him!

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 4 years ago

nicely, sure, he can end the activity of destroying us of a of america -- to ascertain that we've not got any midsection classification, in basic terms thousands of thousands and thousands human beings ravenous to dying in the streets, jointly as 0.a million% very own each thing. His settlement ON us of a of america surpassed -- by using fact democratic electorate stayed homestead. That replace into merely between the sequence of Republican strikes that has brought about the present monetary disaster, and the long-status disappearance of a snug midsection classification (to no longer point out environmental destruction). The questions isn't regardless of if, with a compliant Congress, Newt can get his time table via, the question is why might every person vote for an time table that impoverishes ninety 9.9% of the inhabitants, and leaves us no longer something placed poisonous water to drink, and deadly sludge to respire?

• 9 years ago

Newt Gingrich was once the smartest man in Washington.

Sadly lately he's started buying into Fox TV drivel - his handlers told him that's the only way to win.

• 9 years ago

Really? I thought it was the far right wing fundamentalists who were the radical Islamists

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Seems to me, we already have a secular atheist Administration dominated by a radical.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Reminds one of how dearly missed Chris Farley is.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

actually the truth is that the U.S. never gonna be atheist country (as much as i would like it), because the US never got official religion. on the dollar bill there is 'in god we trust', but ur constitution has no marks about religion. it can be said, that the US is religious hore

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

He's stringing words together. Do they give secret night classes teaching this particular skill? I've noticed other Republicans doing this as well.

• 9 years ago

Yes, and there were people who predicted 9/11 but were laughed out of society too. And you see where those jeers got us.

• Moe
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

who cares what the newt says

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.